1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Kahr MK40

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by RIPBiker13, Dec 6, 2007.

1. RIPBiker13

RIPBiker13 New Member

I've had mine for about 2 weeks. Anyone else have experience with this weapon? I love mine but I'm mad cause the magazine follower wore very quickly and failed to lock the slide to the rear when the mag was empty.

I called Kahr, they're sending me 2 new followers no questions asked.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  2. SouthCentral

SouthCentral New Member

Hi -

I have had no problems with my MK40 since getting NIB in 1999 except reassembling after field strip amd cleaning. Perhaps it's me but of the 9 handguns, all different manufacturers, it is THE hardest!! Getting the slide release pin in and out. It's still a bear. Other than that, fine piece. My current CCW. (40S&W, 180gr Fiocchi FMJ-FN )

SouthCentral
  3. RIPBiker13

RIPBiker13 New Member

I carry mine with 180gr JHP Federal. How many rounds have you put through yours. Kahr told me of them getting these guns back for service to replace the recoil spring after 20,000rnds and no trouble. And the slide stop hasn't been an issue because they are replacing the damaged part.

Take down took some getting used to, and I put it together loose one time so the trigger clicked. It was my own fault, I didn't tighten the grip screw enough. I love this little guy.
  4. SouthCentral

SouthCentral New Member

RIPBiker13 -

I have put nowhere close to 20K thru it. Probably less than 300. It's my CCW and, since I don't live in a city, I don't envision shooting it at greater than 25ft and closing.

SouthCentral
  5. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Did you buy it used. Or did you buy the magazines used. It might be the follower, If not it may be a wore out magazine spring. The spring maybe used and lost it's stiffness. If it was bought brand new the spring could be just defective
  6. RIPBiker13

RIPBiker13 New Member

It was NIB as I buy all my guns that way. The follower is the part that was worn, but no sign of wear anywhere else on the gun at all. Kahr is sending 2 replacement followers, and they have designed new followers and they will send me some of those in couple weeks when they are released.