Kalifornia couple told to stop Bible study

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 45nut, May 29, 2009.

1. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Churches support biblical principles. The missleaders in government do not. They will suport any and all perversions as long as it gives them power. The Church will continue to be attacked on all possible fronts in order to silence them. Right now the Catholic Church in Conn. is being attacked for lobying when Catholics go to Hartford to protest legislation they believe is wrong. These things are going on all over the country. Evangilicals are under constant attack especialy in the blue states. You can't get much bluer than southern Calif.
  2. ToolsForPros

ToolsForPros New Member

Not that im the hugest Christian, but last time I checked you could do what you wanted in your home, especially abide by the book from which the laws were based out of. Recursive logic is running rampant
  3. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

--First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States :cool:
  4. sakeneko

sakeneko New Member

I suspect that the city is just desperate for money, trying to squeeze some out of a citizen it thought was too Christian to fight back. :/ I'm glad the citizen in question has more sense than to turn the other cheek in this particular case.
  5. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Yeah, they like the First almost as much as the Second. What will the MSM do when Hussein clamps down on them and tells them what to say?? :mad:
  6. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

The "fair and impartial" mainstream media will go along with it like the obedient lap dogs and mindless sheep that they are. Kind of like they do now.
  7. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Terrific news!!!

WND Exclusive
    San Diego withdraws Bible study warning
    'The weekly activity is within the scope of the residential use'

Posted: June 04, 2009
    12:00 am Eastern

By Bob Unruh
    © 2009 WorldNetDaily

San Diego County has withdrawn a warning letter and cease and desist order it had issued against a pastor against a weekly Bible study held in his home, and the chief administrative officer for the governmental body has added his own personal apology to the pastor over the accusations.

"I want to offer my apology to you, your wife and your congregation for the unfortunate events of the past several weeks," said the letter from Walter F. Ekard, chief officer of the county. "My review of the situation shows that no administrative citation warning should have been issued and that a major use permit is not required for the Bible study you have in your home."

See the rest of the article here: http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=100071
  8. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

well thats good news it shows that at least some one has common sense and faith! Maybe there is still hope after all, but still be ever vigilant!
  9. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

It is still disturbing that anyone in authority would flaunt the 1st Amendment which clearly protects against such rubbish. It portends more and more the attitude among many in authority that Christianity should go and that Christians should have no rights..... :( :(

It should be a shock to everyone that this was even considered, let alone carried out by the authorities. We can be assured that this will not be the last and we must be ever vigilant in protecting our rights.
  10. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    And this is as the Founders intended. The real safeguard against the tyranny of unlimited government is an informed and involved public; unfortunately the slow erosion of our educational system and society in general has left a relative few who understand that liberty must be actively protected and who are willing to face the never ending derision of the statist.