Kalifornia Uber Alles

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by warriflefan, Sep 11, 2011.

1. warriflefan

warriflefan New Member

As we all know, California is needlessly restrictive of firearms. Despite the second amendment, California lawmakers have passed several bills through the legislature this week. All that is left is for Governor Jerry Brown to sign these bills. In fact if he just ignores them from two weeks they will automatically become law because California has no pocket veto law.

Here is the list of new laws:

AB 144
    This bill would make it a misdemeanor to openly carry an unloaded handgun in most public places. It would establish an exemption to the offense for transportation of a firearm between certain areas where the firearm may be carried concealed, or loaded, or openly carried unloaded, as specified. Existing law, subject to certain exceptions, makes it an offense to carry a loaded firearm on the person or in a vehicle while in any public place or on any public street in an incorporated city or in any public place or on any public street in a prohibited area of unincorporated territory.

AB809
    This bill would conform those provisions so that the transfers and information reporting and retention requirements for handguns and firearms other than handguns are the same. This bill would provide that those exemptions become inoperative on July 1, 2013.

SB124
    Existing law defines handgun ammunition as ammunition principally for use in pistols and revolvers. This bill would among other things delete the phrase "principallyā€¯ from that definition and would expand the definition to include most rifle cartridges.

SB 819
    This law would allow the state Department of Justice (DOJ) to raid the DROS and take "excess" money to pay for local enforcement of laws related to firearms possession. The primary purpose of the DROS fee paid by every firearms purchaser is to fund the purchaser background checks performed by the Department of Justice. DROS fund fees are a fee for service and should be used for their intended purpose: background checks. The concern is that the DROS fund will be depleted and soon require an increased DROS fee for all firearms purchasers.

Anyone who is a Californian needs to email the Governor and tell him to veto these bills! Immediate action is required!!Here is his contact link:

http://gov.ca.gov/m_contact.php
  2. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Good luck. We'll be building the Wall soon enough to keep the Gucci wearers out when their "system" collapses.
  3. jwrauch

jwrauch New Member

Mabe the other 49 states need to keep most of these boneheads out also . JR
  4. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    Already wrote him several times. He doesn't card though he's a democrat. Californians are screwed.
  5. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Active Member

These stupid liberals aren't going to stop any gun violance by all these laws.The gangbangers in California could care less about any of it.They will still do what they do anyway.This will only take away freedoms of honest people that don't commit crimes.
  6. al45lc

al45lc New Member

They NEVER cared if it had any impact on crime. They NEVER cared about the crime, only about stopping the spread of guns, ALL GUNS. That's what fascists do.
  7. warriflefan

warriflefan New Member

Correction, if he doesn't sign them by sept 30 they will become law automatically. It's 12 days while the legislature is in session. But they are out of session as of Aug 31 so special rules apply.
  8. warriflefan

warriflefan New Member

I guess that means I'll just have to bend some more receivers and buy parts kits while I still can!
  9. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Better get on it! You only have a few days left. :(
  10. c45man

c45man New Member

Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado and few other states have been infested with former california residents. It is my understanding that the residents of these new found states are not happy about their new neighbors.
    California is a prime example of the failure of government controlled by the left. California Dreamin has become a nighmare.
  11. warriflefan

warriflefan New Member

Well, it is now october and Edmund Browns website says nothing at all about the bills, I guess he figures that no one cares. He has press releases titled "Governor Brown Takes Action on Legislation to Protect Seniors and Veterans" and "
    Governor Brown Takes Action to Protect Public Safety". I figured that either of these would be him taking credit for vetoing these bills, but no luck. I guess I'll be buying all my guns with my C&R out of state, and all my ammo from miwall at the reno gun shows! To bad though, I'm sure California could have used the tax revenue from my purchases because guns and ammo are both big ticket items for me!!
  12. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

only chance we have, and it is probably a snow balls chance in Hades, is that Governor Moon Beam Jerry Brown is a gun owner himself
  13. warriflefan

warriflefan New Member

Well he signed all the bills into law except the one requiring a face to face transaction with fingerprinting to buy ammunition. I hope CRPA take the open carry ban all the way to the top at the very least.
  14. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

why would him being a gun owner make any difference? he's one of the Holy Elite, gun laws don't apply to him.