Kamloops BC gunshow!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlueTic, Mar 22, 2004.

1. BlueTic

BlueTic New Member

Got invited to a great show up in Kamloops BC. Mrs. Blue and I had a blast - here is one of my favorites - The guy is looking for a buyer in the states. Extra fancy 45-70 only 100 made Shilo Sharps. This is #37

Attached Files:

2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I suppose the Canadian Government thinks its too evil for canadians to own....either that or the Canadian Govt does'nt trust its own people.......

That is quite a piece......

mike
  3. Lowrider

Lowrider New Member

Come on, man. You gotta say a little more about the show.

Do they actually sell those dreaded handguns at a cheesehead gun show? Were there a bunch of turban-wearing cops circulating around; like the turban-headed Canadian border cops?
  4. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Funny thing, a few weeks ago there was a gunshow in Sulphur Springs, TX. Two day event, we decided we would go on Sunday. Saturday, just after opening a few hours, KABOOM! Yep! someone had a loaded gun and POW! Bullet went every direction bouncing from metal to concrete....no one hurt. Show over-done. Sunday found us at home watching a movie. Oh well.

LTS
  5. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Sulphur Springs!

I remember Sulphur Springs, TX back when I was alot younger. Back when my parents first moved to Houston, they lived in an apartment in Bellaire, TX. They lived next door to a couple named Ray and Sue. (I can't remember their last names, now, to save my own life!) Mom and Dad moved to a house later on, while Ray and Sue bought a dairy farm out in Sulphur Springs and Ray went to work for Rockwell. Well, during the '60s and '70s, we used to go visit "Uncle Ray" and "Aunt Sue" at least once a year. Ray and Dad would go pick out a newborn calf for the next year and take the one they picked the year before to the butcher. We'd go home with coolers full of fresh beef, filling up our freezer and keeping us fed with good beef for a year.

Last I saw or heard from them was back in the early '80s when my sister got married in Katy, TX and one of Ray and Sue's daughters, Letha, was a bridesmaid.

I fired my first gun of any sort on Ray's property. I was 8 and had been begging my dad to let me fire his shotgun. He had a Daly O/U in 12ga. and finally got tired of my begging and handed me the gun. I put it up to my shoulder and fired. Next thing you know, I was on my butt, wondering what mule had kicked me!

Good times in Sulphur Springs. Wouldn't mind visiting there again, some time.
  6. BlueTic

BlueTic New Member

Ok - Lowrider:D
    This was a gun-knife/antique/froo froo china and even puppy training demos. This is the biggest 2 day show they have up there and people come in from all over. You need to have your attorney present to figure out all the stupid restrictions/regulations, but amazingley there were actually transactions made. The buyers all have to have a possession/aquisition lic. and they have to go to the office and fill out 3 different forms - fax them all to the gov. and wait - some take a day some take longer, but there is a little loophole if you know the purchaser - you can loan them the firearm untill the papers clear. There were some great colt and unique displays that covered several tables each. One display had a bunch of rifles and handguns from the West Coast Militia Rangers, that were a bunch of conscripts guarding stuff all over BC during WWII. They were each given a winchester and a sidearm and assigned areas like bridges and roadways. They were allowed to buy they arms for $5.00 each after the war.....
    Fuuuunnn show
  7. misiu

misiu New Member

Dang Bluetic too bad I didn't know you were up there-my hunting partner and I drove up there on Sunday and spent the day-I live in Kelowna which is only a 2 hour drive away from Kamloops-also I got my first flying job in Kamloops-lived there for a year but a long time ago-It is a good show isn't it!! I am trying to make it to the great washing machine shoot on memorial day so maybe see you there:D :D :D
  8. BlueTic

BlueTic New Member

Misiu - sorry I missed you, we were at the table across from the Colt collectors association. Mrs.Blue and our cousin's wife were doing more of the table setting than we were - they look better and draw more old farts to the table:D :D
    We drove back to Merrit via 5a - What a beautiful drive - I've fished up there around Stump - Roche lakes several years ago and forgot how much I like that area. You live in some of the best country!!!!!
    We had fun crossing the border getting home - The agent asked where we had been and Mrs. Blue told him straight-up "We went to the best gunshow in Kamloops" He stops a sec. and said "A what" - she said "A gun show" - he asked if we had any firearms on us - we said no - and he just looks at us then says have a nice day:D :D