Kansas Residents: How do you like CCHL?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by DebS, Sep 30, 2009.

1. DebS

DebS New Member

We have been looking to move back to the Midwest from the East coast for a while now. We have lived in MO and OK, loved OK and would like to get back, but have an opportunity to get to Kansas.

I have read the laws, but would like to know first hand from any KS residents what you think of your CCHL laws there? Do you like your Senators and Rep's? How about your Governor?

We would be looking at acreage outside of the Kansas City area. I see there is a 6 month residency requirement, but we do have our FL non-resident licenses to hold us over.

Any input, personal observations, comments would be greatly appreciated. (I've posted this on one other forum, forgive me if you are a member there as well and this is a reread for you. Trying to look before I leap with any and all input!).
  2. jondar

jondar New Member

Everyone I have spoken to here are happy with the CCL. As you may know, the law was passed over the ex governor's veto. She is now happily in the new President's cabinet. Her replacement seems stuck on high center and is keeping a low profile. Everyone I speak with has high regard for our two senators, Pat Roberts and Sam Brownback. Sam is not running for Senator next election, he says, maybe for the best. Our rep here is Lynn Jenkins and I hope she stays forever. Tod Tiart is busy working for what we believe in. We have one Liberal Rep in the Overland Park area, but good sources say he's giving it up, and this will be his last term. Good riddance of bad rubbish.

Rent is rather high like everywhere else, my daughter lives in Overland Park, in Johnson County 15-20 miles from KCMO. Has nice two bed room apartment @ $700 mo. A few miles south of Hodgdon's Bullet Hole Shooting Range. Don't get any better than that. Crime has moved down into the better neighborhoods, goin' where the loot is. She has three guns so isn't worried. Jobs aren't growing on trees but local TV stations daily show openings for good jobs, mostly on the professional level, but unskilled labor too. If I haven't covered everything, speak out and I will try to find out for you.