1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Keep your fingers crossed....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polishshooter, Nov 7, 2006.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

But it looks like we might retain both houses...

VA/TN/MO looking good, with AZ Republicans retain Senate, MO as bonus...but we lose a couple, sucks to break a filibuster on judges...

And if Georgia and Southern Ohio comes through, we MAY retain the house....with no help from Indiana:mad:

But the good news is old wrinkled Indy Lib Julia Carson got a run for her money for the first time in her career, maybe she'll retire in two years like "Lyin' Lee" Hamilton did after his FIRST tough reelection, and Mike Sodrel's campaign in "Copperhead Country" found a bunch of absentee ballots "conveniently" "misplaced" in a Democrat County office, called the FBI, and the results will be challenged, last time he beat baron Hill it went to a recount and court too....Baron Hill used to be my rep, and he's a slimey wolf in a sheep's shirt....

Keep your fingers crossed....and pray 'em if you got 'em...it ain't over yet....
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  2. polishshooter

Crap, the House is getting close, and the two Dem seats in GA that were looking good are going the other way...

And St. Louis (Which recently passed Chicago as the city with the most deceased voters) and KC are the LAST precincts reported in MO, Talent has a good lead, but will it last, it's going to be CLOSE...:cool:
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Gulf Coast Mississippi only had 50% of the new electronic machine work so half the people ended up having to do paper ballots
  4. polishshooter

Well, the Dems just took the house, if it ended now, but it ain't over yet, the races in GA are close, it could switch back....

But can you say, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, third in line to the Presidency...without bile rising in your throat?

It'll be close folks...hold onto your guns....

But they just pulled back the projection for the Senate in Maryland for the Dems, Michael Steele is refusing to concede, we may get that one back....
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  5. Our only hope, Polish, is to retain control of the Senate. The House is going Democrap, even Fox News is projecting control of the House will go to the Demos. :(
  6. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

So I take it that we will now surrender in the war on terrorism?

I find that very disturbing. What is it going to take to open the eyes of the (D)s that we are indeed at war! A nuke going off in NYC? But I'm sure it will still be Bushs fault.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  7. polishshooter

It comes down to Montana, Missouri and a recount in VA....and Burns is losing, Talent is ahead but with St.Louis and KC to count.:cool:

God help us.

If there is any good news at all, MOST "True Conservatives" won, except for Rick Santorum and George Allen.... and a couple of newbies RAN and won as conservative Democrats....we'll see if they lied like most Dems do when they get to Washington ....

For the most part it was the RINOs and fencesitters that got beat...

And after the battle for Republican minority leader is over, it will PROBABLY be my representitive, Mike Pence. He is a GREAT conservative, I don't think it will take 40 years to get it back....

Well, my predictions were wrong, but it was close....
  8. ironsight65

ironsight65 New Member

Well, I just hope all the incredibly stupid people that are happy to vote for the party of appeasment, enjoy their new religion when they are kneeling on a prayer rug. This is of course after the long, sad realization that you can't negotiate, can't appease, and cannot reason with an enemy who has sworn to destroy you because you don't have the same religious beliefs. I have always been an optamistic person, but I will be stocking up on MREs, bottled water, and lots of ammo now.
  9. Even if Republicans somehow manage to retain technical and numerical control of the Senate, they will not have a true working majority, Polish. Whatever the final outcome, I think the key to future events will lie with relatively conservative Democrats.
  10. polishshooter

Well, it was a long night....:cool:

You are right, PS, if you look at the results, this might actually work out...

MANY of the Democrat House gains were with Dems that ran as CONSERVATIVES, and I see Heath Shuler at least actually not being beholden to anybody but his voters....and he might as well BE a Republican, pro-gun, pro-life, low-taxes....

Lieberman's win also invalidated the Move-on money and the idea this was ONLY "anti-war."

One thing you have to keep in mind is historically, for a mid-term of a President's last term, this was not unexpected, no matter WHAT the issues....in fact, it was actually closer than most....and remember the old saying, if you can say "It could be worse, it COULD be...." And it COULD have been worse....if Republicans had actually showed up and VOTED for Dems....

It's looking like it came down as always to turnout....it wasn't as much that the country likes Dems, as more Republicans stayed home.

SO, this just might drive the Republicans back to Conservatism, ESPECIALLY if Mike Pence wins the House Minority Leader's job , and Conservatism ALWAYS wins...wishy-washy doesn't and didn't.

We can save the economy for the next two years, the Tax Cuts don't expire until 2010, and Bush can veto any attempts to cut it back, and we can take over again in 2008 with REAL Conservatives....especially if the Dems make the same mistakes they always do, misinterpret the results, gloat like kids, and push flaming Liberal issues like Gay marriage, raising taxes, gun control, run from Iraq, Fairness Doctrine. etc... (Gays in the Military, anyone?) Or WORSE, we do get hit again by Bin Laden, then we'll have to play as dirty as they have the past 6 years....

On the OTHER hand, if the Dems DO show moderation and maybe even start showing a little tolerance for conservatives WITHIN their party, it would be a GOOD thing for the country in the long run....so we'll wait and see. See if Reid and Pelosi can control them to vote en bloc as the majority like they did as a minority, it won't be so easy....the Republicans never could, and actually never TRIED....

Hey, that's politics....if America survived Jimmy Carter, even though we are STILL paying for it, we can surely survive this....:cool:

And even though my predictions were off base, so were Huck's....this is NOT an "embrace" of Liberalism, by a long shot....
  11. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

Nancy Pelosi speaker of the house.. IB gonna puke:cool:
  12. polishshooter

She MIGHT not be...

It's a slim chance, BUT if the Dems get drunk on power quickly, like happens MANY times when a Party "wins back," they might start eating their own...and her "Move-on.Soros" money did NOT buy enough flamer seats to make this a LIBERAL win....
  13. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

before alot of polls closed, john mccain was on fox news saying that the republicans had abandoned their base... i hated to see the dims take control, but this was what the reps. deserved i guess... not what we deserved as their base, but what they deserved for leaving us.

i doubt pelousey will make it 6 months w/o foaming at the mouth as a rabid moonbat.... she was touting her bipartisan attitude last night, but she's never been that & if she was so concerned about being bipartisan, she should have already been doing that. anyhoo ~ this will be an interesting 2 yrs!! & i'm kinda bummed that george allen wont be strong enough to run in '08.:rolleyes:
  14. polishshooter

Yeah, Ros, I kinda liked Allen in '08 myself....:cool:
  15. One issue that arises from this election, one few have really thought about as yet, is what effect it will have on potential Republican presidential candidates in 2008. Whom do we really have who would be a truly viable contender? Jeb Bush? Not likely; he's identified in the public mind as a conservative Republican and the name association with GW would sink him quicker than Polishshooter would whack that big 5-point buck on opening day. :D Many other potential candidates--Allen for example--were pretty well screwed by the results of this election. Who's left? Personally, I think the Republicans will be inclined to nominate someone who is from the more moderate wing of the party. At this point, my best guess would be Rudy Guliani. While I am not particularly a Guliani fan, I have a feeling realities may foce the Republicans to move further to the left or risk handing control of the executive branch to the true liberals like Clinton.