Keep your fingers crossed....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polishshooter, Nov 7, 2006.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

There's a few more out there, like Mit Romney, who may come to the front. And there's always the chance for a dark horse Conservative that has been on the sidelines through all this, like maybe JC Watts or Newt?

Actually, I have confidence in the Republican base that actually votes in the primaries....and that base would NOT tolerate a "Pro-Abortion," "Anti-Gun" social Liberal....

Even IF Giuliani is an otherwise honorable guy that would be good for the war....

But all I hope is it is NOT McCain.....that's the guy I'm worried about, he's an unpredictable flake, that's a "darling" of the media...
  2. I must agree, Polish. McCain is essentially a Democrat masquerading as a Republican. Guliani would be a much better choice, though I have major issues with him as well, especially his stance on gun control. It might well be, however, that the successful Republican nominee is not even on the radar yet. Two years is a long time in American politics.
  3. polishshooter

Follow the money.

I DON'T mean this in the negative, necessarily, but watch for the person doing the MOST public appearances, and building the best "war chest" in the process....it's the nature of the beast, for better or worse.

And don't necessarily look at only the BIG donors, and endorsements, as much as the one with the most of the $2000 or less individual donors....not only the AMOUNT...

And you are right, it probably will NOT be any of the ones bandied about now....
  4. polishshooter

And crap, they are calling Montana for Tester...looks like we lost the Senate too....:cool:

The most we can hope for is a miracle in VA, and a tie, but don't count on it....it ain't looking good, and I also hope it ISN'T long and drawn out like Fla in '00. I'd rather LOSE the Senate than have Republicans ACT like the Dems did then....:cool:
  5. Virgina law requires a recount in an election this close, Polish, and you can expect court challenges whatever the outcome. It's gonna get messy, but the bright side is that the Dems will not have a sufficient majority for veto override in either house. Bush just became a lame duck in case no one has noticed. We can forget about making the tax cut permanent, and look for some sort of "phased withdrawal" from Iraq, which will end up just like the one we experienced in Vietnam in the early 70s. :mad:
  6. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

As I have said elsewhere, the only good thing I see in all this is - - -

That is if he will use it - - - -

They DO NOT HAVE THE NUMBERS ot overcome a VETO. Our only hope is that GWB will use the pen frequently to form that word on the bills.
  7. swabjocky

swabjocky New Member

Actually the news says the Repugs kept Montana, Virginia is still up in the air. Now news is leaking out that the Diebolt machines were malfunctioning in several locations and one report of the machines being "prevoted".

Definatly look to court challenges, not just from the candidates but by very pissed off disenfrancised citizens.
  8. Kenneth

Kenneth New Member

Pen or no pen , the media is already making Dem threats as to Bush better work with them if he doesn't want a pile of supena's .
    Can't understand for the life of me why the Repubs didn't see a dirty fight coming and dig in for the fight .
    Also was it me , or did the govt. slouch on getting non voters to registar ? Seems I heard little about importance of people to egt registered for voting until it was too late for non regesterd people to get registered .
    Also seemed to hear little from the NRA and politicians seemed to certainly avoid that topic .
    Kenneth