Kel-Tec customer service.......AAA+++

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by cajunman, Jul 28, 2009.

1. cajunman

cajunman New Member

Today I sent my sub 2000 back for repair.....ammo feed problem...jams after each shot....I asked them what the turn around time is and there response is 8-10 weeks....If it really takes that long.....I'm getting rid of it. The thing is supposed to have a lifetime warranty...Does really matter if it takes 2-3 months to repair? yes !!
    Anyone else got some Kel-Tec customer service experience? :mad::mad::mad:
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  2. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Re: Kel-Tec customer service.......#$%#

No, but Smith & Wesson took over 14 weeks to do a recall. I'm kind of disgruntled about that one as well!
  3. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I sent them a P11 with a broken extractor and I believe I had it back in less than 2 weeks. But that was 10 years ago.
  4. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Lifetime warranties are ok but who is going to have it for a lifetime you or the manufacturer? I have a Kel-tec p40 and have never had a single problem with it. Hope all works out well for you. JUNK
  5. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

their busy. before obama slid into the oral office it probably would have only take 2 weeks. if our sub takes smith 40 caliber mags i'd be interested.

~john
  6. cajunman

cajunman New Member

Re: Kel-Tec customer service...

I must retract my post coments.....Kel-Tec told me last week my weapon would take 8-10 weeks to repair.....They recieved it last wednesday....This afternoon (monday) they notifiy me that its fixed and on its way back to my.
    So, 3 working days and my weapon is repaired and on its way back to me.
    I am completly satisified.....increadable. :D:D:D:D
  7. mcw120566

mcw120566 New Member

I own three Kel-Tec Guns and have had only a minor problem with one. Fortunatly i live 11 mile from them. Walked in and within an hour I was on my way home with a repaired gun! No problems here!
  8. bondo

bondo New Member

Ya, they are good. Too bad they don't work for Ruger or S&W or a name brand co. Had ONLY ONE TEL KEC P-11 Shot it 9 times. 8 shots fired and the ninth one fired with the breach 1/4 open. Guys at the range had to put it into a vise to get the round out and it was completely warped. I sent it back to the co and they REPLACED IT WITH A NEW ONE. I then sold the new one ASAP. I have been told by others that ANYTHING COULD HAVE HAPPENED WHEN THE GUN MISFIRED. I buy only NAME BRAND FIREARMS NOW costs more but my life is worth it. BUT their service as excellant.
  9. K75RT

K75RT Member

I have a P-32 that I carry daily; when I first bought it it was matte black, it began to rust as did the exposed portion of the barrel. I called Kel-Tec and the told me to send the slide and barrel to their plater. The barrel and slide were hard chrome plated and today it is like the day I got it from the plater..this was 8 years ago and its still going strong Kel-Tec is okay in my book...