Kel Tec P-11 Range report

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by gunguy25, May 24, 2010.

1. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

I went to the local indoor range today, and had loads of fun. Here's my report I was shoot my kel tec p-11 for the second time, I have to say the first time I was shooting low and to the right. But after some time practicing with my 9mm snap caps i did alot better and was no longer shooting that low or to the right. The first time I shot was with RWS 9MM Luger ammo. The second time today I shot Winchesters 9mm luger full metal jacket 124 gr. The recoil is not as bad as I first suspected , for a light pistol it is not unmanageable. It did bang into my thumb knuckle the first time i shot it but this time I adjusted my grip and had no problems. I did have 2 FTF today, which from what I read on these is that the feed needs to be polished so i will try that and see what happens. But beside that i think its a good little pistol. I was shooting at 7 yards and used both hands. I could tell the second time that my shots are tightening up. I suspect after more pratice i will be able to tightening up even more. The two targets are two that i shot today. This is my first range report and any ways that i can make it better just let me know Thanks. the First target was 20 shots and the other was 10

Attached Files:

2. garydude

garydude Member

Well done and good shootin' Gunguy. Glad you enjoyed your trip to the range. One tip given me was to put only half of your first digit onto the trigger when firing. If you put it up to the first knuckle, then you tend to pull the whole gun to the right side when firing. Personally, I have adjusted the sights on all my pistola's to accommodate for my tendency to use my whole first digit, so this is a case of do as I suggest, not as I do. Hope this helps!
  3. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

yeah thanks i found once i start practiceing with my snap caps help alot for staging the trigger and getting used to the 8.5 lb trigger pull.
  4. Esteban

Esteban New Member

You are getting there. I put a " Hogue Grip " on mine & that helped a lot. Do you have the extension for your small finger ? That is a great help as well.

Attached Files: