Kel Tec P32

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by johnlives4christ, Sep 26, 2010.

1. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

been thinking about getting one of these little rascals. i haven't had any experience with them though but have heard they're pretty good guns.

i had a pf9 for a while but i had problems with it. like anything else i reckon i just got a lemon.
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

3. johnlives4christ

yeah i seen that thread. doesnt make sense to me
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

As I said, Ive never owned one but, from the people I know that have Kel Tec pistols, I havent heard anything bad about them.
    My BIL called me the other day and said he was thinking of buying a P-32 at a flea market at a decent price. The only advice/input I could give him was the .32ACP ammo availability? Ive seen that Wal-mart seels the .32 ammo, but never really payed much attention as to their availability, as Ive never owned a .32 (acp).
  5. johnlives4christ

32 is available here.. seen it at ammo once or twice.... aint seen 380 but once in the last year at walmart.
  6. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I carry mine every day in my front pocket of my cargo shorts and it leaves no visible print. Very light and at times forget it is there. I have auto folders that weigh more than it does. Shoots like a dream and I use 71 grn Speer HP in it. Have the extended 10 round mag as well and keep that for a re load if need be. MY 2 cents.
  7. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Owned mine for several years now. It shoots just fine, and spends it's time in my front right pocket in a pocket holster. I've also got the belt clip on it, so I can tuck it IWB if I want - hardly know its there - and that's without a holster.
  8. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I have and carry a Kel-Tec P-32. It has never given me any trouble, it has been reliable. It is very easy to carry with a pocket holster and is the one gun I slip into my pocket when I'm out and around. You will hear that a .32 is not good for self defence, I say bull hockey. A .32 in your pocket for fun is much better than a heavier pistol left in the safe because it is uncomfortable to carry just to go out for a quart of milk. Yes I know they make it in 380 but I think the 32 is just dandy and under rated. JMO and I have others
  9. Toney

Toney Member

We've got the P32 and P3at, i would recomend them to anybody.

Been wanting the Pf9 but still reading to much bad stuff on them.

Have owned two P11s, NEED TO QUIT SWAPPING!!!
  10. johnlives4christ

well i loved the pf9 i had except that it would fail to chamber a round out of every 2 mags. then i shot 20 mags with no malfunctions then on 21'st mag it started back up. this was with winchester white box. i didnt try anything else because i figure if it wont take wwb then what good is it.

but i def want another one when they get the bugs worked out and such.

and i def want one of the 32's. while i wont be giving up carrying a larger gun, there are places (like the mall and the hospital) that have a sign on the door that i need an easily concealable gun to carry. since carrying in those places is not a crime in kentucky.
  11. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

I have the .380 (ammo for that is more available here than the .32), and it's been a good gun. Doesn't like all hollow points, but I've been OK with Magtechs.

It's incredibly easy to conceal in any attire. I would recommend it to anyone concerned about concealment. It's sometimes with me in mesh athletic shorts and no shirt, and no one can even tell it's here.
  12. johnlives4christ

how many rounds do you have through it josh?
  13. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Just a couple hundred. I took it in a trade earlier this year, so the "break-in" was already done. The only failures I've had have been failures to feed, and every one of those was ammo related.

Now that I think about it, I need to shoot it some more this week. :)
  14. johnlives4christ

when i had the pf9 i was experiencing failures to feed. neither me or the gunsmith could figure out why though. i ended up trading it to a friend before i had a chance to send it back to kel tec though.

i polished the feed ramp and deburred the pistol from instructions i seen on a kel tec owners website that said it was a cure for feeding problems, but it didnt fix my problem
  15. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

I nearly bought the PF9 the first time I saw it, but when I handled it, I couldn't get the magazine to eject. They certainly made it flat, and it consistently took me two hands to push that little button in enough. After 6 or 8 tries without getting it, I handed it back.

When I've had failures to feed, I'll take the problematic round out to examine it, and it consistently had an indented stripe across the front of the bullet where it had gotten hung up. But like I said, only on some brands, and only on hollow points.