Kel Tec P32

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by johnlives4christ, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Grendel isnot the same company.
    The Grendel design was innovative, but immature.
    The Keltec P32 is a great little gun for it's designed purpose.
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

Kel-Tec CNC Industries Inc. is a United States manufacturer of firearms. Founded in 1991 and based in Cocoa, Florida, the company has manufactured firearms since 1995, starting with small, affordable semi-automatic pistols[1] and expanding to rifles. Kel-Tec is a privately-owned Florida corporation. George Kellgren is an owner and Chief Engineer. He is the Swedish designer who also designed many earlier Husqvarna (in Sweden), Swedish Interdynamics AB (in Sweden), Intratec, and Grendel brand firearms. According to the ATF[2], Kel-Tec is the third largest handgun maker in the U.S. yep the proud designer of the interatec too the kel-tec has a bad lineage
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Thomas Edison tried to make pianos from cement. I won't go without light bulbs.

Judge a device by its merit, not by the designer's earlier failures.
  4. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

good point , but fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me , what does it mean if one gets fooled for the third time. i first bought a grendel , an absolute POS .... i then tried the intratec cat -9 wow it wouldn't of even made a good boat anchor now because most people seem to be happy settleing with what they have i'm suppose to give this designer a third chance , no thanks. it's hit or miss with these things check out the kel-tec owners group pages, ammo sensitive , back and forth to the factory for "repairs" seems to be the norm
  5. CampingJosh

OK, to be fair, if I had bought either of those first two, there's probably no way I'd pay for another gun by that guy. It would take a lot to convince me.

That said, this new design is a top seller, and Ruger even copied it. I've had good experiences with the one that's in my pocket right now, and I have no reservations about recommending it to others.
    Every handgun is a trade off. I would rather carry a 12 gauge, but it doesn't conceal. Even if the Kel-tecs take some polishing to get into great working order, they conceal better than my wallet does, and that itself is worth giving it a chance.
  6. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

granted their are countless examples of sub par quality guns even from some big names.colt had the double eagle and yet i own over a dozen colts, i've even gone so far as to recommend the high point because it works and i also understand i'm in the minority not being able to warm up to the kel-tec, but i'm old and set in my ways the only reason i have a glock in my safe is because it was given to me otherwise i'd pass on it too , and i know they work. you summed it up best the 2 examples of mr. kellgrens design the grendel and the intratec has soured me to the point of never again
  7. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

what model glock do you have?
  8. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

glock model 32 ( 357 sig ) it was a gift from my daughter , a gift to bring me to the here and now and stop packing those "antiques"
  9. steve666

steve666 New Member

I carry mine every day, usually as a back-up to my Kahr K40 but sometimes by itself depending on circumstances.
  10. johnlives4christ

id like a model 32. one of my goals is to have 1 gun in ever major caliber. dunno why
  11. Toolmanroberts

Toolmanroberts New Member

I think 2 guns in every caliber would be more appropriate. But don't forget then you will need more dies for your reloading press. But that isn't really a bad thing.
  12. johnlives4christ

that wouldnt be a bad idea either.
  13. rvehock

rvehock New Member

Have first and second generation P-32 and I have had no problems with either of them. Also have a PF-9 that stays mostly next to my bed for security purposes.

P-32 first generation, my preferred pocket carry:
    [​IMG]

PF-9 home protection:
    [​IMG]
  14. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Rvehock
    Your holster makes your Keltec an NFA weapon. (it's illegal unless registered as an AOW.)
    Just thought you would like to know.
  15. CampingJosh

The manufacturer of these got specific approval from ATF on these. It does not conceal the pistol (entire slide is visible), so it's perfectly legal without the tax stamp.

Here is the manufacturer's documentation of this: http://www.gunnersecurity.com/Images/atf.png