Kel-Tec P3AT Magazine

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by underdog, Oct 31, 2008.

1. underdog

underdog New Member

Hi everybody. I'm new to this site and have a question about the Kel-Tec P3AT. Is there anything out there to lenghten the mag.? Not really looking for extra rounds, just a extra room for my finger.
  2. conan1

conan1 New Member

Not sure if the Ruger LCP mag fits the 3AT but Ruger is making a mag extension now. To me, the LCP is a better looking 3AT.
    Ed
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

An LCP mag will not fit in the Kel-Tec, though the Kel-Tec mags can be used in either one. The Kel-tec magazines are just a bit longer than those of the LCP.
  4. obxned

obxned New Member

You have a choice: either a finger extension floorplate or an extension that increases capacity by one round. Both can be ordered directly and quickly from KelTec.
  5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

The P3AT parts can be found at the following link...

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_25

The grip extension is $6.65 and the +1 magazine with grip extension is $14.30... :)

The LCP may be 'better looking' but its more ergonomic grips make it less concealable and higher in weight... Both of those things make it less appealing to me because I don't hesitate to drop the P3AT in my pocket at any time with a pocket holster.

Also, the LCP has been affected by a recent recall which requires its return to the factory due to the possibility of firing when dropped, much the same as the SR9 recall.

For the long term, the LCP may be great but in the short term I'd get a proven pistol that isn't price-inflated due to its company's brand name with virtually no proof in the field...
  6. AR1911

AR1911 New Member

You can also use Bersa .380 and NAA .380 pinkie extensions on the Keltec mags.
    I have used both before Keltec came out with theirs.
  7. underdog

underdog New Member

Thanks for all the replys. I'm thinking of going with the Bersa extension.