Kel Tec Sub 2000 shortage?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by LyleLovett666, Jun 17, 2012.

1. LyleLovett666

LyleLovett666 Former Guest

When I first started looking to buy my first fire arm one of the options I was considering was the Kt Sub 2000.I would love to have one but they seem harder to find than a pork chop at a pass over meal.Looking all over the internet for one,I've found them to be in very high demand,but KT does not seem to be making them any more.Anyone have any info as to why such a highly demanded gun is not being churned out en mass?
  2. twobit

twobit Active Member

Got mine off the large on line gun auction site. I know of two or three on line auction sites but I don't think we are allowed to mention names of them. You will probably never find one in a local store or even an on line catalog. I really like mine. It is in .40 cal with Beretta magazines. I don't shoot it real often. it lives folded up in an aluminum laptop case as a go bag gun. I don't know why Keltec doesn't make more of them.
  3. polamalu43

polamalu43 Member

I've wanted the Sub 2000 Glock version for a year now. They are impossible to get. Budsguns has been out of stock for as long as I can remember. CTD has been out so long they have taken them off their website. I've gone to numerous other sites....same story. I emailed Keltec to ask why, and they never responded. Good luck finding one. If you do locate one, you'll likely pay a jacked up price for it. It's the same old story with Keltec. They make a product that everybody wants, then they can't meet the demand. Very hard to understand.
  4. jce07a

jce07a New Member

i got one at a local gun store...they may be able to order one for anyone in texas. CDNNinvestments.com has em listed on their site but when i called them about them their wait list was over a year. but their cost is $299 (i think) i paid $350ish including tax. i got the glock .40 version
  5. LyleLovett666

LyleLovett666 Former Guest

I contacted KelTec and they said that they're trying to meet demand and that I should contact my local gun stores.