Kel Tec Sub-2000

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by jce07a, Feb 27, 2012.

1. jce07a

jce07a New Member

I literally just came across this thing when watching videos on youtube, it looks like a pretty cool little rifle to keep in my truck (especially out in the country). But before i jump the gun (pun unintended) and buy one of these things i wanna know if anyone has anything to say about em...
  2. twobit

twobit Member

Got one in .40 caliber with Beretta magazines. Stores in a aluminum laptop case. Ugliest gun I own but I have no complaints. I did smooth up some of the ridges on the plastic parts.
  3. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

I have owned one for a few years. It's in Glock 17 flavor and likes those 33 rd mags.
  4. nynomad

nynomad New Member

Love mine in 40cal. Folding was a big selling point for me. Fits in a backpack.
  5. jce07a

jce07a New Member

anyone have any recurring problems though? frequent jamming? failure to feed? failure to eject? double feeds? etc?
  6. wingspar

wingspar Member

I’ve had mine for almost 3 months. Had 2 jams during the break in period. Normal. None since. I have almost 600 rounds thru it now. It’s a fun little gun to shoot. The fact that it folds in half is a very cool feature and they only weigh 4 pounds. They are hard to find tho. Kel-Tec can’t seem to keep up with the demand.

Here is a photo I took just yesterday for some scale.

[​IMG]
  7. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

Keltec has some cool rifles all with great reviews. Problem is the produce very slowly so if you actually find one grab it!!!
  8. nynomad

nynomad New Member

Not one jam for me - 40cal. In 9MM I hear you have to use 124g ammo to break it in.
  9. herohog

herohog New Member

I am DYING to replace my 9mm Sub 2000! I want the one that takes the *59 S&W mags this time...