Kel Tek P-11

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by timtomtim, Feb 17, 2011.

1. timtomtim

timtomtim New Member

Hello all. New to TFF and my first post. Wonder if anyone has info on the KelTek P-11 9MM Lugar pistol. Just got hold of one and know nothing about it. And, there's little info that I can find on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Welcome ttt, I am not familiar with that Kel Tec but I googled it and see several reviews and videos that might help you. Maybe someone with first hand knowledge will be around in a bit.

Todd
  3. timtomtim

timtomtim New Member

Todd,
    Thanks for the welcome. I'll try the google route. Looking forward to talking to you and other members. Thanks again.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  4. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

I have owned one a little bit back. Heres my experience with it , I shot 157 rounds with 3 FTF after i polished the feed ramp i shot around 62 or so without a problem. The only problem i ran across was I was at the range shooting just 115gr Federal fmj and the trigger spring pop out of place and the trigger became limp. This killed my confidence in a while cause i was considering it as a carry gun. After I put the trigger spring back seem to work ok but my confidence in this weapon was gone. But this was just my experience I still think there good guns for the money, the only thing i really didnt like was the 8.5lb trigger pull but with practice you can get pretty good. I hope this helps
  5. Esteban

Esteban New Member

I have had a P-11 for many years. Great little firearm but takes some getting used to. Practice at the range,, snap caps, & a few modifications have made it much more enjoyable.

Yes, it will take the S & W 59 mags, but almost always the mags need to have stiffer springs added, & some polishing to be reliable. I have 3-4 15rd mags that I have gone through & field tested .
  6. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

I've had one for several years. Great little gun. Light, accurate and reliable.

In your internet search for info look for the Keltec Owners Group. Lot of good info there.
  7. Esteban

Esteban New Member

Here you go !

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=101
  8. timtomtim

timtomtim New Member

Thanks much to you all for the help. Found quite a bit of info going the google route. I'll try the owners group as well. Again, Thanks a lot for the help. Looking forward to further interaction in the "Forum".
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

they are decent guns... great for the money, however, not my cuppa tea...
  10. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

A couple of months ago, I traded a Kel-Tec P3AT for one. I kept it for about a month, probably put 100 rounds through it and could not hit the broad side of a barn with it, so I sold it at a gun show.
  11. deen_ad

deen_ad New Member

I've had one, put a P-40 (.40 S&W conversion) on it, then added a .357 SIG barrel. Liked it so well that I sold the 9mm barrel. Now I have a P-40 with a .357 SIG barrel in it. Nice to be able to switch back and forth. Never had much trouble with any of them but KT did quit making the P-40 as too many people returned them as being defective. Problem was, they worked perfectly, it was the shooters limp wristing them.
    I've shot many rounds through mine with no troubles but they do get your attention when they fire!! Also gets others attention on the line, the P-40's (and SIG barrel) are not for amateurs. Which is unfortunate as they were low enough priced that those were the people that bought them!
    I did polish the ramp and add a trigger stop. Cost me a BUNCH!! The trigger stop is real fancy: cut down pencil eraser epoxied to the frame and blackened with a Sharpie!!
    I now carry a Kahr CW45 with CT laser or a Taurus PT-145, not because of any problems with my KT's though. KT just doesn't make a .45 YET!!
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011