keltec su-16c and drum mag?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by soundguy, Aug 15, 2012.

1. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i have a keltec su16c and so far it's digested any type of milsurp mag i've put in it.. plus avery aftermarket true ar16/m16 mag.

now.. one thing I havn't tried are those snail drum mags.

anone know if the su16 is compatible with that style of mag?

should be right? should have same mag top and retainer setup?
  2. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

If you're feeding it standard AR mags now, no reason it shouldn't accept a drum mag.
  3. soundguy

that was my thinking!
  4. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

I don't know but for some reason drum mags seem to be an answer to a question that hasn't been asked yet....

Why spend the money for something that expensive taking the chance it DOESN'T work, and knowing that they are HEAVY and CLUMSY and we have MANY anecdotes (Thank God in the most recent case!) of them not working very well in real life....plus if they were SO great the military and special ops guys would be using them, and they DON'T at least as a rule....

Why not use the money to buy LOTS more 30 rounders and practice reloading quicker?

Much more practical, you can definitely carry as much if not more ammo more conveniently, when the drum is empty you WILL be back to the 30s anyway since you are porbably not going to buy TWO drums and lug one around for a reload....

Just a thought or two....
  5. soundguy

i'm still doing research.. are the drums prooving to be feed failure prone or is it a loading issue?