Kentucky Percussion rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Goldeasy67, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Goldeasy67

Goldeasy67 New Member

Hi, trying to get approximate value for an original E.C. BURDEN Kentucky rifle? It is full stocked maple. .36 caliber and likes 20 grains of 3f and a .350 round ball. The bore of the barrel is as shiney as a chrome bumper.. The wood is sound and has three German silver half moon inlay's at each tennon pin. I may be able to post some pictures later as soon as I lelarn to use my garage door opener. Give me a hoot. "Retired Gunsmith in Oregon.

Tnx,
    Don
  2. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    E.C. Burden rifles do not command much being they are only collectable here in the County where he lived and made rifles at. I have one made by hios brotehr whil apprenticeing under EC, it was made during the Civil War and is 38 cal heavy barrel 1/2 stock. Ones like mine were made for a unit out of Ohio. Depending on condition, size of barel, and otehr factors will determine value but NONE have ever sold for more that $300-$800 and the $800 mark is for one that is DOCUMENTED to be of the ones used by the Ohio Unit for the Civil War and all those were 1/2 stocked 38 caliber heavy barrel. Pictures will be of great help, lots of pictures. So please post pictures of all metal parts, inlays, the EC Burden Mark and where locate as well as diminsions of barrel, LOP, and ANYTHING else you think might help.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  3. Goldeasy67

Goldeasy67 New Member

Hey James, I sent pictures but they keep comming back. I would like the rifle to go to one of the remaining ancestors of Edmond C. Burden.

GUESS THIS IS BEST i CAN DO,

Best regards,

Don
  4. chadburden

chadburden New Member

Hello Don,

My name is Chad Burden and I am the grandson of Len Burden who is a great-grandson of Edmond. My uncle and I have been looking for a rifle to purchase and would be very interested to buy this gun. I can give you any proof you require as to who I am and how I am related. Please email me at chadburden@cinci.rr.com

Our family still lives in Cincinnati, Ohio and have visited the old family farm in Kentucky. What a gift this would be to my grandfather and to have it in the family. Hope I hear from you soon.

If anyone else would like to contact me that might have one or might even be long lost family, please do!