Kershaw Knives warranty repair

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by CampingJosh, Sep 30, 2008.

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I've had a Kershaw assisted-opening knife in my pocket everyday for over two years now, and when I took it out of my pocket last night, I noticed that the pocket clip had bent out to where it would no longer hold the knife in place.
    I got on Kershaw's website today (http://www.kershawknives.com), told them my model number and mailing address, and within an hour got an e-mail response that it would be on it's way. They said I should have it within 10 business days.

No "proof of purchase" to bother with or anything. Simply give them the address, get the part. It's been a great knife, too.

Simply put, I'm sold on Kershaw.
  2. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Good information to know... I've been looking at a Kershaw assisted-opening tanto serrated blade knife this week and wondered about their quality. At least now I know they have good service.
  3. azsigman

azsigman New Member

Great knives and it is nice to know of the CS.
  4. CampingJosh

"Assisted-opening tanto serrated blade" is exactly what I've carried in my pocket for two years. They come very sharp, hold that edge well, and are very durable. This thing with the pocket clip was a surprise, but shouldn't have been wholly unexpected (I mean, it has traveled with me for two years).

I would guess that I've used this thing on average 2 times per day, and it hasn't let me down at all. I've even used it a couple times to cut through tree branches up to 1" diameter without a problem. Really, it's been the best knife I've ever owned.
  5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Thanks for the feedback Josh. I just ordered a Kershaw Tactical Blur 1670TBLKST on Ebay. I handled the knife a bit the other day and loved the strong assisted-opening action. Your experience helped to confirm their quality.
  6. CampingJosh

Just an update...
    I was told I would have the part in 10 days, but it only took 3. Another positive!
  7. artabr

artabr New Member

I love the Kershaw knives. I've carried a rainbow Leek for 4 years. The finsh still looks great. It's holding up great. Holds a great edge. I've bought several other knives from them and have had no problems.

Art
  8. kda

kda New Member

+1 for Kershaw knives. Made in America. Razor sharp. Assisted opening that really works. Just a nice product. I have three and bought two more for my son and wife to carry too. All BLUR 1670Blk. All from e-Bay. All new in box.