Ketland muzzleloader pistol help

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by DMoore, Jun 18, 2006.

1. DMoore

DMoore New Member

Hi, I am trying to find out about a Ketland muzzleloader pistol. It seems to be in working order, has no cracks in the wood, scratches or big dings. Has brass barrel. Made in London.

I've attempted to attach a pic. I hope it works!

Can someone tell me about this pistol, its age and its approx worth?
    Thanks
    Dmoore

Attached Files:

2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi DMoore......welcome to TFF.

Seeing as your pistol has a percussion lock, that dates from about 1830 to 1870......or.....it could be an earlier flintlock pistol that was converted to percussion in that timeframe.

This may, or may not, be a British made pistol. It could also be an American gun. Ketland & Co. of London, England, had an American branch, Thomas and John Ketland of Philadelphia, which imported and sold many thousands of flint and percussion locks.

And, unfortunately, the "Ketland" marking doesn't tell us who made your gun. It only tells us that it has a Ketland lock.

Here's a bit more info for you: http://www.ambroseantiques.com/fpistols.htm
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Welcome DMOORE, something like that not knowing the manufacter try the auction sites