Kids can be cruel!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ryan42, Sep 29, 2012.

1. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

My 14yr old came home from school and was telling me that in class one of his friends asked about his mother and my son started to anwser him and the girl acroos from him says and I quote(I hope you mom dies).My son was furious.He then told me he went to the principal and the principal made the girl write him a full page apology.I was proud of him for the way he handled it.Shes lucky she was a girl.If it would of been a boy I would have been sitting in the office.
  2. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:( wow! that's horrible! :mad: i'm sorry your son had to go through that.
  3. FreeSovereign

FreeSovereign New Member

Local kindergarden kid did the same thing here, only parents were healthy and well, but said she would kill them. We have some wonderful parents here obvioulsy to raise such children.
  4. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Scares me to think there gonna be running the country one day if theres one left to run.Thanks Rosierita.
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Problem with kids these days is thier parents dont beat em enough
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Yep! No fear of doing, or saying, the wrong things! They know that they can get away with it, and have to pay no price!
  7. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You can be proud of your son. Sounds like he did exactly the right thing, and the principal responded in an appropriate way. Hopefully the girl's mentality and attitude will change.
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Beck and I get commended just about every time were out to eat with the kids. And its always by the older folks that got thier hides tanned growing up. They always make it a point to come by our table to tell us how well behaved our kids are.

My kids are kids and are allowed to be so freely so long as they respect the rules, thier elders, and each other. I rarely ever have to discipline my kids anymore and its because a sense of consequense has been instilled into them from very early on.

I was raised by my great grandparents, my mothers grandmother and grandfather the first 10 years of my life. I was righted when I was wrong by grampa and his disciplinary tool of choice was the flyswatter, gramma favored the willow switch.

Physical discipline of your children is a painful experience, but its longterm advantages far outweigh any immediate emotional discomfort, and I promise kids will grow up to greatly appreciate the spankings they got when they were young. I do everyday and i know that my grampa did it out of the purest form of love a parent can express toward a child.
  9. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

that took some thought on your sons part ryan. You are proud as you should be. I was taught to respect my elders and my manners were a large part of my home life. I did the same with my kids. You guys are right, no discipline. Parents too busy to teach the kids a thing and what little they do teach is wrong.Jla has it right. when they get out of line break out the learning belt,works wonders.
  10. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

wooden spoon here.:eek:
    I still have the dimple on my left butt cheeck:eek:

Good for your son ryan. shows he has had the right up bringing.
  11. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

pain is a vital part of growing up. society is ever searching for ways to make it so that children can go their whole lives without experiencing pain, from "no tears" shampoo to "no sting" antiseptic spray, safety rules and regulations for every possible object and activity, and outlawing and banning anything that can possibly be dangerous by any stretch of the imagination.

but pain is necessary. without pain we would never have learned not to touch the hot stove, don't pull the cat's tail, don't mess with the dog's food bowl when he's eating, don't climb too high up into the tree, and when mom says to stop doing that, stop doing it!
  12. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

I am glad the principal made the girl write out an apology. A lot of places probably wouldn't have even done that.
    Sorry you kid had to deal with that :(
  13. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

What the heck is wrong with that girl? Why would some one be so hateful.
  14. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Sorry your son had to put up with that girl's mouth.

My Mother favored a peach tree switch that I picked out, and it better be a good one or she would go get one that I would really not like. My Father favored any thing he could put his hands on at the moment, once it was a piece of a garden hose. I used/use a belt on my children/grandchildren.
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Ive had the short piece of waterhose too. Very very effective disciplinary tool.