Kids can be cruel!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ryan42, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

a slotted spoon for me, a pity my mom didn't use it more often.

but whatever you do, NEVER strike your kid with your bare hand, as the child will(understandably) come to dislike whatever it is that causes pain, and it's better it be an inanimate object than a part of your body.
  2. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

While in the Army I had to sit through a 3 hour long class on how to spank and discipline my kids.
  3. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

I was always told thats what your butt is for thats why god didnt put any vital organs in your arss.:)
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Right on!:D
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

exactly right.. I was told my an elderly customer i had a couple weeks ago thats why god put plenty of padding on your behind. He had no intention of sparing the rod for his children and thought ahead to design a safe and painful place to whack it against
  6. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Yep. When I disobeyed I was corrected in "de-tail".
  7. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

That is known a pushing the reset button.
  8. Mac's!

Mac's! New Member

Ryan42...It sounds like he was taught very well. Congrats!

I was close to thirty years old and had not lived at home for a really long time. I was at Mom's house and decided to pick up some old belongings. I asked her where the whatever-I-was-looking-for was and she said in the hall closet. I looked and looked but couldn't find it. What I did see however, was three shoe boxes on the top shelf with us kid's names on them. My older sister, my younger brother and me.

Now, I have to tell you at this point that my Dad died in 1967 and my Mom never re-married so she was both Mom and Dad to us three barbarians. We would get her Fathers Day cards on that day because of the way she raised us.

Ok, so I pull the three boxes down and look inside mine first. They were all three full of broken wooden spoons, broken rulers and assorted broken wooden slats. I carried them out to the living room and asked Mom, "hey what is this stuff"? She takes one look and starts cracking up. I mean she's laughing so hard, she's almost crying and can't speak. Finally, she get's her breath and says "Those were the educational tools that I broke on your rear ends" and starts cracking up again. Finally, I get the whole story. Every time one of us misbehaved, she would take a ruler or wooden spoon or wooden slat to our backside. If it broke during the "educational process", she would put in the shoe box with our name on it. Yeah, mine had by far the most broken spoons, etc.

The rest of the story is that by todays standards, she was a child abuser. Those danged spoons HURT! She popped me on the noggin with one one time! However, my brother is a State Marshal, my sister is an anesthesiologist and I have almost 3 decades working in law enforcement plus I own a firearms restoration business. Child abuse? NOPE! Child abuse would have been letting us run rampant with no disciplne. She cared and she loved us so she whupped us when we needed it. Keep yer powder dry, Mac.
  9. BlackEagle

+1 on that. Today's PC world promotes child abuse in many subtile ways; forbiding parents to discipline their children is only one.
  10. alex.cirabisi

alex.cirabisi Member

+2. I am only 23 years young and am just appalled at how kids are today.

On another note, is this a problem in just America? Are we the only coutry that frowns upon disciplining a child?
  11. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Great story thanks Mac:)
  12. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

Mom had the "Hi-Li" paddle with no ball or rubber band. Just the staple :eek:
    Dad had a barbers strap in the closet. :eek:
    Taught me respect for others and myself.
    That girl needs some serious attitude adjustment.
  13. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

BTW still praying for you and your family. Sorry your son had to deal with that on top of everything else he's going thru.
  14. BlackEagle

If you are caught "smacking" a child over here you are liable to be thrown in prison, have children confiscated by social services. Corporal punishment has been outlawed in the schools, then in general.

Ryan, still praying for you and Genny and the family.
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

same her in the cities Black Eagle. Luckily I live in a small town where the people still have a say so with the school system, Corporal punishment is administered in godley Schools from K-12 grade. My youngest boy wesley has already been popped twice for acting up in class. They make a note of it in his behavior folder and I get him again when he gets home. Hes been on a good streak since that first couple weeks of school.