Kimber .45

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 8, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

Big R
    (12/4/02 7:52:30 pm)
    Reply Kimber .45
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm looking at buying a Kimber Gold Match II Stainless, I would appreciate any and all feedback on this weapon.
    .22 or 7mm Rem Mag, it doesn't matter. As long as I'm shooting I'm Happy

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (12/4/02 8:04:19 pm)
    Reply Re: Kimber .45
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have shot the Kimber Gold Match and it is an accurate , reliable pistol.

But, the one I shot was not anymore accurate than my Kimber Custom Target.

Big R
    (12/4/02 8:17:50 pm)
    Thank You, also I'm new here but am very impressed with the knowledge and help of everyone so far.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (12/5/02 7:52:44 am)
    You can't go wrong with a Kimber.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/5/02 8:51:44 am)
    Yep, I agree. Kimber makes a top quality 1911.

tuckerd1
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/5/02 2:42:24 pm)
    Kimber Custom Target is a very accurate out of the box production 1911 at an affordable price. They can be bought $700.00 NIB from dealers on the net. I found a LNIB used one for $575.00 last year and I love it. Very impressed with it.

Now if you just got to have the Gold Match, go for it. We all have that one gun that our heart desires. But you can save $$ and have accuracy too.

Big R
    (12/5/02 10:25:51 pm)
    Thanks to all for your input, I bought the Gold Match and Love it.

It just felt right.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (12/6/02 7:42:35 am)
    Don't forget to post a range report.

Enjoy the new Kimber.

Big R
    (12/6/02 8:28:44 pm)
    Just got back from the range, first 4 shots offhand @ 20ft were in 1 hole, next six opened it up to 1.5"(I got so excited about the first four I screwed up the rest of the group lol).

Shooting off a bench @ 75ft 10 shots 2.5 inches. I am very pleased with it. I would hate to see what it would do from a ransom rest, because it is definitely more accurate than I am.

Thanks to all.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/6/02 9:50:31 pm)
    We're always glad to help, "R". That's what we're for.

Hope you'll stick around and be a regular here on our forums.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (12/7/02 7:16:33 am)
    BigR,

Sounds like a keeper. Kimber is hard to beat for reliability and accuracy. It will only get better.
  2. JBSHOOTER

JBSHOOTER New Member

Kimber makes so many 1911s it's hard to choose ... I have a Grand Rapter II Pro .. Custom Shop .. I love the gun .. very accurate .. very dependable .. what other 1911 should I choose .. being my wife has decided she wants it.. :confused:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2006
  3. JBSHOOTER

JBSHOOTER New Member

Anybody know what i should look at ? Or should i just get another like the one I have?
  4. rmrdaddy

rmrdaddy New Member

JB welcome to the forum!
    Congrats on that Raptor, I'm a little jealous, I only have a Custom Stainless II....
    What do you plan on doing with the Raptor/ and or the next 1911?
    Do you have a carry permit?

Shoot it at the range only?

Does the little woman want the Raptor? :eek:

Or can you select the next one for her (hint, hint keep the Raptor... ;) )?

The Daddy
  5. Kimber Man

Kimber Man New Member

Well I'm not a pro............but I can speak alittle about the Kimbers........Why
    because I have owned (7) seven of them.

I did own the team match which was a outstanding pistol( not as good as the super match)

I also own the Raptor -2 ............good pistol ...not as good as the team match or gold match

Custom Kimber are also better then the average gun....more goodies for free on them.

The best Kimber I shot belongs to a friend of mine and we wanted to see if his Kimber super match -2 could or would outshoot my Wilson Combat Classic....
    Both are just as good ...except my Wilson Combat Classic cost $ 1,000 more for the name.

you take it from there........I have been shooting approx. 50 yrs. I do have a little time on the shooting block .

good luck in whatever you choose.
  6. blackhawkkid308

blackhawkkid308 New Member

ditto to kimberman's post. i am the friend he was talking about that has the supermatch II, i also have the team match II he used to own, i understand that the gold matches that show better than normal accuracy are stamped team match.(same pistol-different grips). i really like them both. i have had 5 or 6 kimbers and haven't had any trouble with any of them. all i can say is go for it , post pictures, and give us a range report.
    blackhawkkid223
  7. stash247

stash247 New Member

I've a couple of pre 'Gold Cup' NM Colts, that shoot no better than a 'base model' Kimber, with the same ammo; the Kimber has fixed sights!