Kimber 84L

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by jeepix, Apr 8, 2010.

1. jeepix

jeepix New Member

Anyone shoot the 84L? I've had my eye on the 84M for a while now, but after I read this, I'm thinking about going this direction instead.

Trying to decide on the caliber, though. I'm thinking .270 Win. I have a .30-06 already, what's the recoil diff? Anyone know?

The article for anyone interested:
    Kimber 84L
  2. Idempotent

Idempotent New Member

This is the first I've heard about it, but wouldn't the recoil of a .30-06 (I know it's not what you're looking for) be a lot for a 6 lb 2 oz rifle? Or would it still be better than, say, the recoil from some magnum cartridges even in much heavier rifles?
  3. wpage

wpage Active Member

Have not shot the 84 L. Have a Rem 700 in 06 and a Savage 110 in 270. Recoil has as much to do with the weight of the gun as the caliber. The load grain is also a slight factor. The physics in the diameter of the round is beyond me.
    Generally speaking folks that shoot 270 go for lighter grain rounds for flat long range shooting. This would have less recoil then a 06 at 220 grains from the same gun.