Kimber Magazine Disassembly

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by stitch1870, Jul 14, 2011.

1. stitch1870

stitch1870 New Member

Can't figure out how to disassemble my Kimber magazines, bought em when I got my Desert Warrior II, but hindsight is 20/20 and they will be replaced by Wilson Combat magazines when I get home from this family reunion. But in the meantime I have to clean out some of the sand that found it's way into my Kimber mags but alas I don't know how to take the damn things apart. Looking at other places on the web but I can't find a guide by someone who actually knows what they're doing as basically all I've found is guys who heard from someone who was told by another guy how to do it and are lost in the process, or for different magazines that make sense to take it apart. :-/ So any help is more than welcome and I appreciate all further input. I also apologize if there is already a thread about this, so if I'm doing a double thread, please redirect me so I can find the information.
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

if u go on u tube and put in disassemble kimber magazine there is a video let me know if it helps
  3. stitch1870

stitch1870 New Member

Tried that, but only found some fool who was fumbling with the mag and the spring ended up almost going across the room. Gotta love guys who think they know everything and try to show it off,....only to display they don't know wtf they're talking about. But I'll continue to look and if I find it I'll post the link for others to use for future use and needs. Thanks though.
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

on 1911 forum they explain how to do it check it out
  5. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

go on Gun Tech:magazine care they even show photo's