kimber of oregon

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by dcjle, Nov 26, 2003.

1. dcjle

dcjle New Member

Picked up a sporterized 6.5/55 swedish mauser at a gunshow. It has a synthetic stock and 24 in. barrel. The safty has been reworked and on the barrel has kimber of americastamped on it can someone tell me anything about this rifle and what it is worth.
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

First off dcjle, let me welcome you to TFF. Glad to have you aboard. I can find no mention of this caliber Kimber under "Kimber of Oregon" This was when they were out of Clackamas, OR circa 1993-1997. I do find, however a "Kimber" (1997) + which is made in Yonkers, NY. This is the model 96 sporter and was made in 6.5x55 with a Ramline synthetic stock. Present value, my book is several years old is

100% - $450
    98% - $425
    95% - $365

The rifle was made from Swedish Mauser 96 military surplus actions with bead blasted blueing.

Maybe someone with a newer book can check the figures.

Hope this helps.
  3. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

welcome dcjle

i don't know much about your rifle ,but kimber used to do alot of importing , i know they imported daewoo for awhile , most importers put their stamp on them

someone that knows more should be able to help you in a bit ,check back later
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi dcjle.......welcome to TFF.

Inplanotx gave you the right info.

From the 23rd Edition of the Blue Book:

"Mauser 96 Sporters

During 1995-96, Kimber began sporterizing the Swedish Mauser Model 96 military surplus rifles. They featured stainless steel fluted barrels and a black synthetic Ramline stock, receivers were tapped to accept Weaver scope mounts, bead blasted bluing, and original reprofiled military bolt......Retail prices ranged from $340-$415 for the Standard Sporter, while the Varmint/Heavy barrel variation was priced at approx. $510."

Current value:

100% - $450
    98% - $415
    95% - $365

BTW, that 6.5x55 Swede is one really sweet cartridge.