Kimber On It's Way

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Zhurh, May 24, 2012.

1. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Ordered a Pro Crimson Carry II from Bud's Guns after my gun shop here in Ak couldn't get one. First gun I have ever bought by mail, though I have had my gun shop buy a few guns for me from private individuals.

Should be at gun shop in a couple weeks. I had a 1911 25 years back, but it was hot and didn't need the problems, got rid of it, and it was a good shooter too. So my first 1911, plan on buying another nx month; maybe a citadel.

Anybody have same gun I'm getting? Any problems? What ammo do you all use?
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I owned one and liked to carry it. Smaller and lighter than my Commander.

It functioned perfectly with any ammo I fed it. I tried to make it jam. I held it upside down and shot it. Even let my thumb lightly rub the slide, No jams.

For some reason I just didn't like it. Keep in mind that I have carried this old Colt Combat Commander for years and wanted to retire it. It's far from being worn out.

One day at the range I decided why I didn't like it. I just didn't like shooting it. It functioned as it should and was accurate. Recoil wasn't bad.

I just didn't like shooting it so I sold it and it hasn't been missed.

Go figure ??

In my mind the Commander is the perfect 1911 for concealed carry..
  3. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

I have it's 1st cousin, a Compact Stainless. Had trouble at first with failure to return to battery and slide staying open with rounds in the mag. A Wolff XP recoil spring and a little file work on the slide stop and all was well. that's been 1500 or so rounds ago with no stoppages.

enjoy the Kimber

[​IMG]
  4. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Thanks for the advice. We have a bunch of revolvers but only a couple semi pistols, (22's). So this 1911 is the start of a new faze in my gun buying. Hope I like it.
  5. cutter

cutter New Member

I got a Pro Carry and it is my favorite. Never had a problem with it. All I can say is it is a nice pistol and does what it is supposed to do. I think you will like it.
  6. keokeboy

keokeboy Member

got one 2 years ago and it's great. will install hi-viz sights to compensate for old age
  7. Claudius Valarium

Claudius Valarium Member

So. Central TX, AKA the Middle of Flyover Country
    I have the Pro Carry II (no Crimsom). Bought it used about two years ago and have no regrets whatsoever, the commander size is just right for me.

Ammo - eats anything I feed it.