Kimber Problem!

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Helldorado, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Helldorado

Helldorado New Member

Havent shot my Kimber Custom II in a while so shot today. For some reason the hammer would not stay back in the ready to fire possition. Is there some way to make it a "single action" that I may have inavertently done??

I took it apart, cleaned everything, put back together and took for another round. Well almost the same thing happend....instead of hammer being all the way forward after each shot like the previous round, the hammer was about a quarter of the way cocked. So I have no I deer?!?
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

Let's eliminate a couple of things and go from there. Pull the trigger fully rearward, hold it there and hand-cycle the empty gun. Does the hammer still follow? Repeat, hand-cycling the gun slowly and release the trigger. Does it reset freely...or does it seem to be a little sluggish? Squeeze the trigger...
    Is there a short takeup before you feel the resistance of the sear? Pull through slowly until the hammer falls. Does the break feel mushy or gritty?
    Repeat, and hold the trigger rearward again. Put the gun close to your ear and slowly release the trigger. Can you hear the disconnect reset with a light
    click
  3. Helldorado

Helldorado New Member

I tried hand cycling it with the trigger pulled back. it wasnt holding the hammer back, just like when i fired it. I pulled the hammer back myself and pulled the trigger. the take up seemed to be the same as when it operated normal. I hand cycled again with the trigger back, this time the hammer stayed back. there was a click when i released the trigger. i repeated and it continued to hold the hammer. went outside to fire it and after first shot hammer was only quarter cocked. repeated hand cycling with trigger back and it mostly held it back, but some of the time it didnt.
  4. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

Have you done any adjustment to the trigger set screw ???