Kimber Series2 problems?

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by chocoboy, Dec 15, 2003.

1. chocoboy

chocoboy New Member

according to other forums, the kimber series2 are having some problems because of this new firing pin safety. Just wanna know if you kimber series2 owners have experienced these problems? They also mentioned that it is possible to remedy these problems by removing the said firing pin safety and the push rod found in the slide. Did any of you remove any series2 parts from your kimber series2? Hope you guys can shed some light in this. Thanks! :)
  2. 4 eyed six shooter

4 eyed six shooter New Member

I have not had any in the shop with any problems. You may want to contact Kimber and find out if it is true and if they are offering a free fix. Taking safety parts out of a firearm opens you up to major liability if there is an accidental shooting with your firearm or even if you shoot someone in self defense. Best to get if fixed if there is a problem.
    Good shooting, John K
  3. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

I've got a mod I and a mod II - both are excellent. The mod II is a little trickier to dis-assemble, re-assemble - gotta hold your mouth right. (Double, cuz it an Ultra with the real short spring..)

I read several items on Kimbers own forum - now defunct - about issues with the Mod II. I do think some pistols left the factory with some burrs on the various parts making the safety hamper reliability. This coupled with the standard "don't mess with John Browning's original design" opinions made some mountains out of mole hills.

I would not be afraid to purchase a Mod II, if there were issues Kimber will make it right. They fixed a dark night site on my gun and it was way old and I bought it used - no charge.....

Pilfer this forum, there was a previous thread with a similar question and someone posted another link with additional research.