1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Kimber still mis-fires

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by keppler, Nov 9, 2003.

1. keppler

keppler New Member

I had a problem awhile back with my Kimber Classic .22lr mis-fireing. I posted on here and received excellent advice about cleaning inside the bolt. I did that and thought I had the problem solved. I fired a couple of shells here at the house that day and it had no problem at all.

Yesterday I took it squirrel hunting and again...it won't shoot. It seems to be hitting the firing pin pretty good but I guess just not hard enough, either that or it don't like squirrel hunting:eek:

I have another Kimber..the H/S model and am thinking about switching firing pins and springs between the two just to see if this is the problem. I'm sure they are the same action just different barrel and stock. Of course I would compare the 2 side by side before actually doing this. Also I could tell the folks at Kimber and maybe it would help in getting it fixed. Any suggestion on doing this or if it's not a good idea, PLEASE let me know. Thanks, Keith
  2. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

I'm going to advise against parts swapping.

Call the folks at Kimber. The customer service folks there are top notch and they will make arrangements to get you shooting again.
  3. keppler

keppler New Member

I took your advice CG and contacted Kimber today. They dont think its anything serious and told me how to ship the gun back to them. Said they would probably have it for about a week. Real nice folks to do business with.