Kimber Tactical Custom II

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Helldorado, Dec 25, 2003.

1. Helldorado

Helldorado New Member

First off, Hope everybody had a Safe and Merry Christmas!

Now to business...Ive been wanting a .45 for a good while now and have lately been looking at the Kimbers. After checking them all out Ive decided the Tactical version would best suit me with the night sights and extractor(I do alot of brush rompin at night)

Also was looking at the M-21 Reflex Sight for a possible add on.

Ive read alot in here on the Kimbers and know they are very reliable handguns, just not sure if the tactical versions have any flaws or pluses the others dont that i may not know of. Anyway thanx in advance!
  2. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

Any kimber should be a good gun, as far as the tactical goes I was looking at them as well, but I did not like the external extractor on them, then I looked into the series II , and I decided not to buy one due to the safety added to the series II

With both those in mind I wanted to stay with the original as possible, and did not buy one this year, but I will keep my eyes open for a series one kimber , when I find a deal on one I will get it

only bad thing i have heard/read was the mags suck
  3. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

Not sure on the external extractor - I have a full size old model Kimber and a Ultra Compact model II. They both have the standard internal extractor. I've had no issues with the Model II safety - it does make disassembly and reassembly a bit tricky, but that's about it. Mine both run well and shoot great.

Ditto on the Wilson Mags - trash the Kimbers and get the Wilsons right away.....
  4. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

look real close ,you'll see it

[​IMG]
  5. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

Mis-spoke a bit there GPOSTAL, what I meant was I did not have an opinion on the external extractors - On the one hand, they may be a bit more forgiving - but they are more moving parts - just can't make up my mind. They do look pretty cool though.