Kimber Tactical custom II

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ns3v3n, Jan 14, 2007.

1. ns3v3n

ns3v3n New Member

HI, i'm actually looking to buy a Kimber tactical custom II, but i'm not really familiar with this brand of gun, this will be my first 1911. so any info will be helpful,

anyone actually own this pistol?? and if you can post some pics of it??? i want to see it beside from the website.

thanks,

this is my first post, looking forward for your info, :)
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Sorry, can't help ya. Don't have a Kimber.

But welcome to The Firearms Forum.
  3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Welcome to TFF! Some of our Kimber owners should be along soon to help you out. :)
  4. mley1

mley1 New Member

I owned one for a while. It was ok for an aluminum framed gun. I had the internal extractor and had no problems with fte, ftf with it. You should be aware, however, of the problems with using magazines with metal followers. The followers will get pushed forward on the last round and gouge the feed ramp causing damage. Most folks go to some sort of skirted follower or the plastic followers. I used Wilson 47D magazines with good success. I did have a problem with hollow point bullets, specifically 230grn Hydroshocks, gouging the feed ramp. When I purchased the gun the feed ramp had been polished at the factory. It had been documented and I complained about the Hydroshocks gouging the ramp due to the polishing had exposed the bare aluminum on the ramp. My dealer allowed me to exchange the gun for another Kimber. I ended up trading it off for the Custom Eclipse with the stainless steel frame. I felt like the aluminum frame was not going to last like the steel frame would. The magazine you see in the pics is the one that came with the gun from Kimber and it does have the metal follower that WILL mar the feed ramp. So, don't use the magazines from Kimber, except for maybe the new ones with the skirted followers. Here are a couple of pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]