Kimber Ultra Carry II vs. HK p2000SK vs. SIG P245...Opinions?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by bigred6906, Aug 8, 2006.

1. bigred6906

bigred6906 New Member

I'm going to buy a gun very soon and am considering a few different ones. I have a couple of questions. First, is the SIG P245 still being made? For some reason it isn't on their website. Secondly, I just want to hear different opinions from different people on which gun is better and why. This gun is going to be carried and concealed. Thanks in advance
  2. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

These are all pretty different guns - single action 1911 v/s double action, DAO, etc. I'm a 1911 guy, so I vote for the Kimber. (I carry an Ultra Eclipse.) However, see if you can go to a range and shoot all of these to determine what fits your hand best and which one you will practive with the most. That being said, they are all high quality and none will let you down.
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I'm with 45 they are all good guns but you have to find out which one works best for your hand
  4. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I'm a 1911 guy as well and a big Kimber fan to boot, so there's my choice. In my opinion the 1911 is the safest, easiest to operate and clean, and super reliable when kept in the proper condition. Can't beat it with a steel pipe. And Kimber is a good gun; I've heard very few complaints about anything to do with Kimbers. There's my .02.
    That said, make sure it fits you and you are comfortable with it.