kimber vs. nighthawk custom

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by navyvet, Oct 10, 2006.

1. navyvet

navyvet New Member

i own a kimber custom II and was afforded the opportunity to shoot one of the nighthawk custom guns at the range today, pound for pound and cost being a factor the kimber was as good or better. now i am not bashing a particular brand, however some of these high end custom shop guns i feel are exteremly over priced. any comments:rolleyes:
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

They can get pricey but you get what you pay for, Or at least that's what I tell the lady
  3. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

To have a master builder create a shooting 1911 takes fine quality workmanship. I have found that most custom guns shine in different places.
    First comes the distance and group`s. Some are 25 yarders, some are 50 yarders. How long will it shoot and how well. A well tuned 1911 is a work of art and the hand can feel it right off.

I just got the chance to finally shoot an Ed Brown Special Forces a while back. Right off the bat it was very slick looking. But when you can make one reliable and shoot an 1-2" at 50 rested you have a PISTOL!! I will skrimp for this one.

I have looked high and low for a custom 45.........I believe I have finally found it.

LTS
  4. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

I own both Kimber and Nighthawk products - see pics. Yes, the Nighthawk cost me more. But, there are reasons and only the person making the purchase can decide if "its worth the money." First up, Nighthawk built what I asked and delivered it on time - and this was a custom gun, not a catalog packaged item. Having said that, the Kimber products I own (four at last count) are great weapons and I will continue to recommend them. I was shopping for a custom gun with specific attributes and I shopped Wilson, Ed Brown, and Nighthawk. For my shopping experience and service recieved - I went with and am very satisfied with my Nighthawk purchase.

Attached Files:

5. yankeedoodle

yankeedoodle New Member

I appreciate your opinion but do not agree. I have two Kimbers and are well satisfied with them but I do not think they are in the class of the Nighthawk
    IMHO.:p
    The Nighthawk is not a cookie cutter gun.:D :D :D