Kimber warrior

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ace839127, Aug 21, 2006.

1. ace839127

ace839127 New Member

Hey everyone. I was just wondering about the kimber warrior. On Kimber's website it says that the warrior holds 7 rounds. Does anyone know if the warrior can also accept 8 round mags. I was curious about getting it and if it cant accept the 8 rounders than I will probably go with the Kimber TLE/RL 2.
  2. BigV

BigV New Member

The Warrior holds 7 rounds in the mag and one in the pipe.
    Wilson makes 8 round mags that will fit the warrior (or any other Kimber single stack). I have heard that the springs (in the 8 round mags) are not as stiff (allowing for that extra round) and therefore can cause FTF problems.
    Since I only use 7 round mags I have not had any personal experiences with the 8 rounder.
  3. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

The Warrior comes with a standard seven round mag. Aftermarket mags will hold eight or in somes cases, ten rounds. The more the round count, the longer the mag. Beware of cheap mags, they'll break your heart. Go and buy several Wilson 47D's, you'll never regret it.
  4. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I use the Wilson Combat 47D's in my Kimber Target Match, today I managed to show up at the range, and left my magazines at home in another ammo box. One of the range officers let me use a pair of his Chip McCormick 10 rounder's, and they worked just fine.

I also got to shoot a Kimber warrior today, and it is a fine 1911. I'm looking to add another Kimber 1911 to my quiver, but I'm parcial to blued 1911's, and will go for either the Raptor II, or the Royal II, but you won't go wrong with a Warrior, just get some Wilson Combat, or Chip McCormick Shooting Star 8-rounders to go with it. Both mags come with slam pads, so if you drop them, they won't get dented up.......
  5. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Like everyone else said get good mags even if you have to get them from Kimber good mags will save your life
  6. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

I've used Wilson, Kimber, and Mec Gar mags with good results. 6, 7, and 8 rounders. These functioned well in my full size Custom and the 3" Ultra that I own. Kimber makes good stuff!

Food for thought, the Warrior, as I understand it, is a "Model 1" gun, which means it does NOT have the "extra" safety firing pin block of the "Model II" guns. Now my info may be incorrect, but if it is accurate, that's reason alone to get one....
  7. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

That's one of the reasons I got the Target Match, no series II safety....

The Warrior, and Desert Warrior are nice pistols, but I don't like the lite rail on the frame.....just not traditional enough for me.......