1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Kirkwood Shotguns

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Helix_FR, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Anyone know about them. I know they were a English design SG made in Boston. I have one in for inspection. Its absolutely gorgeous. Has the leather wrapped case and all. Fully engraved receiver. 2 barrels, 1 is a Damascus and the other is good old CS SXS. Both are 12ga. Antler but pad. Double triggers. Auto Ejectors. No serial number as of yet but I haven't really gotten into it besides placing the barrels on the receiver. The lock up is so tight there is 0 air gap. I put layout fluid on the receiver side and closed both barrels up and ended up with layout on both faces. I can't find a whole lot of info on them or even a value in my BB. Anyone on this? The customer wants to shoot it but I told him he was crazy but its his gun. Its a big time no go on the damascus barrel and he knows that too. I do still however need to check the chamber to see if it is truly a 2 3/4. I'm thinking not unless it was re-chambered to accept 2 3/4 shells.