Kirkwood Shotguns

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Helix_FR, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Anyone know about them. I know they were a English design SG made in Boston. I have one in for inspection. Its absolutely gorgeous. Has the leather wrapped case and all. Fully engraved receiver. 2 barrels, 1 is a Damascus and the other is good old CS SXS. Both are 12ga. Antler but pad. Double triggers. Auto Ejectors. No serial number as of yet but I haven't really gotten into it besides placing the barrels on the receiver. The lock up is so tight there is 0 air gap. I put layout fluid on the receiver side and closed both barrels up and ended up with layout on both faces. I can't find a whole lot of info on them or even a value in my BB. Anyone on this? The customer wants to shoot it but I told him he was crazy but its his gun. Its a big time no go on the damascus barrel and he knows that too. I do still however need to check the chamber to see if it is truly a 2 3/4. I'm thinking not unless it was re-chambered to accept 2 3/4 shells.