KKW trainer

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by clamman, Sep 30, 2011.

1. clamman

clamman Member

Back in april, a very good freind of mine gave me a KKW that has been sitting in his garage for 30 plus years. After months of searching for missing parts, I now have a shooter. I re-blued all the metal except for the bolt and barrel, and refinished the stock with minwax gunstock stain, followed by boiled linseed oil. I am really happy with the way it turned out, WAY better than I figured. I have shot it out the back door of my shop and I can hit some steel targets with relative ease offhand. I was told these rifles are real accurate. I'll find out tomorrow afternoon. Anyway just wanted to share. Very unusual rifle.

Now the quest begins for a bayonet.
  2. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Sounds cool hope to see some pics of it soon.
  3. Chinook

Chinook New Member

Neat! Two friends of mine have a pair, each. They're in O.K. condition, and both of the ones Ive shot are really nice shooters. Surprisingly accurate offhand, just "plinking" with 'em!

My first Mosin Nagant had a bayonet that I ended up getting nickle plated. I thought it was the coolest barrel blade I had ever seen! My next bayonet firearm is gonna wear a polished nickle knife!
  4. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

On my want list! Post some pics!
    I have it's grandfather that I'm in the process of restoring, a 1926 Paatz.

[​IMG]

And the closest thing, to the real thing, the Norinco clone of a CZ 452 .22, made into a clone of the KKW, what a mongrel huh?:)
    Both shoot as accurately as my Remington 513T.

[​IMG]

The VZ-24, 24/47 and M-48 bayonets will fit.

[​IMG]