KME Sharpener

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by 76Highboy, Jan 4, 2012.

1. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I just recieved my KME Knife Sharpening System today. I sharpened 5 knives and thay all came out razor sharp. I always keep my knives sharp enough to shave hair but this sharpening system is rediculous! I could definately shave my face easily. The website is www.kmesharp.com. It costed me right at $90.00. I ordered it on January 1st and recieved it January 4th. You can actually adjust the angle in 1 degree increments. I sharpen knives for people alot but now my game just seriously stepped up. Very nice!!!
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

looks good! cheers for the info , aint seen them in these parts but thats common
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Looks like a better built lansky system. Be good to have but my grandad would skin me alive if he found out I was sharpening with a cheater system like that.. ;)
  4. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Thanks for the heads-up; I've been looking at the lansky for awhile and I think this system needs some serious consideration. Did you order from the website or a retailer?
  5. 76Highboy

I ordered it through Elknuts Store Front. http://stores.elknut.com/StoreFront.bok. I just did 3 more knives tonight. I sharpen knives on the side and I will still do kitchen style knives on my stones by hand and a leather strop. But as for hunting knives, this KME is over the top sharp. My wife will shoot me if she knows I told everyone this, but I shaved part of har leg last night and she was impressed. Well, I needed to test it on someone that was super picky. Is that a bad thing?
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Nope. I test my knives on the wifes legs too.

But all mine are sharpened with diamond steels and a barber shop strop, by hand, without guides.
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i test mine on roo's wallabies goats foxes and feral cats ,

you folks got understanding ladies i must say ..
  8. 76Highboy

I have always sharpened my knives by hand using stones followed by a strop. My father taught me to sharpen my knives sharp enough to cut delicate fabrics (he has been upholstering futniture starting at the age of 16, and he is 71 and is still doing it). I bought the KME mostly out of curiosity. I do alot of knives, so it is kind of fun using it. I did get a Buck diamond sharpener fir Christmas, but have not tried it yet. Why do you use diamond?

As for women, does anyone understand them?
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

They last forever. Nuttn harder than diamonds.

I might try to sneak one and just not ever let my gramps see me use it.