Knob Creek on the History Channel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RugerNiner, Dec 28, 2005.

1. RugerNiner

RugerNiner New Member

Knob Creek Gun Range: #90.
    Airs on Tuesday, January 3 at 8:00pm ET

Host R. Lee Ermey heads to Knob Creek Gun Range in West Point, Kentucky, outside of Fort Knox, for the Knob Creek Shoot, a weekend when machine-gun owners and collectors converge for unbridled mayhem. At this former military-munitions test range, shooters nationwide come to buy, sell, and trade. First, the Gunny shows us around, talks about the history, hits sales tables, and fires off a few thousand rounds--from state-of-the-art to early vintage. Next, Lee takes a turn on the "Jungle Walk", a machine-gun shooting course with hidden targets and dense brush to recreate what it was like for the grunts in Viet Nam; and he gets a lift on a mule to the Knob Creek helipad where he goes aloft in a Cayuse OH-6A Helicopter for the range's aerial shooting course. Then, it's the night shoot, when you really get to see raw power as machine guns shoot tracers and fire at targets filled with diesel fuel and dynamite, incinerating cars, refrigerators, and oil drums. TVPG L

Alternate viewing times are at:
    http://www.historychannel.com/mailcall/?page=upcoming
  2. shooter4

shooter4 New Member

Neat, thanks.
  3. Silencer

Silencer Well-Known Member

They already aired it last week. It was awesome. I liked the part at night when Lee was walking past all the shooters and stops at this hot chick with a black t-shirt. :D

Lee got the chance to shoot from a chopper. He did OK. They even show the auction/gun show part as well. Great episode. A for sure "don't miss!"
  4. Sounds like a great show. I definitely plan to watch it. Ermey is great (even if he was a Jarhead :p ). All kidding aside, the Gunny does a truly fine job with his shows and presents the military in a fair and respectful light, which is a hell of a lot better than most of the crap one sees on TV these days.
  5. ryan_marine

ryan_marine New Member

I watched that. It would be an awsome time and place to shoot. I hope to go to one some time soon.

Ray
  6. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I watched that last night. Ol' Lee was like a kid in a candy store! The organizers pampered the old coot, he was having way too much fun!

Yes, I AM jealous!
  7. I saw the show last night also, Berto. You're absolutely right. The ol' gunny was in 7th heaven. Hell, I would be too!