Know of a better deal on .45 bullet heads

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Donny Henry
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/27/02 4:46:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Know of a better deal on .45 bullet heads
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I found 1000 230GR. FMJ's at National Bullet Co, for 70.50 they can get em' to my door for 86.81 total...Anyone know of a better deal than this? I've seen 230Gr lead RN's go for over 50.00 on Ebay...Probabally tack on at least 15.00 more for S&H.
    ~-~Courage is not the lack of fear...
    but the presence of faith.~-~

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/27/02 5:25:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Know of a better deal on .45 bullet heads
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That sounds like a damn good price, don't think I've seen any cheaper than that, at least not FMJ.

Gunguy

Donny Henry
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/27/02 5:44:18 pm)
    I really didn't expect to find a better price, but the tightwadded side of me said, if it is so good why isan't everyone talking about them, LOL...

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/27/02 7:28:47 pm)
    Donny, do you do any casting of lead bullets?

I've got all the gear, but not much inclination. Trying to recover from this dang open heart operation. My left hand is practically useless, the bottom two fingers are not working well. My aulner nerve in the left arm was damaged some how during the operation. I woke up with this little problem.

Gunguy

Donny Henry
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/27/02 8:11:56 pm)
    Geez bro, sounds bad, I'll be sure to mention a prayer for you....Casting, I've been wanting to give it a whirl, especially in the winter when I have quite a bit more time...what can ya tell me about the gear? I hear it's a lot of trouble, have you tried it?

Thanks....

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/27/02 10:58:56 pm)
    Its like anything else, you have to get into it and gain experience. Your best bet would be to buy the Lymans reloader manual if you don't have one. Usually in the front or back pages they go into great detail complete with photos on what is required and exact method that is used in casting.

I've got mostly .44 caliber bullet moulds, everything from custom to factory stuff...bullet weights for .44 caliber from 145, 170, 175 to 205 grain. Ashamed to admit I don't have any .45 caliber moulds. But I haven't cast any bullets in years, but if I recover some of my old vigor I'll be doing it this year.

I've still got about 200 pounds of pure lead bars. But you need to mix a little tin with your pot of lead, about 1 to 16 parts with the tin being the 1 part.

Gunguy

BlackGun
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/29/02 1:08:38 pm)
    Donny! I buy 230 Gr copper washed buddits from Berry MFG co. for $72.49 a 1000 free shipping! 1-800-269-7373 www.berrysmfg.com
    I suffer from occasional loss of mental stability, and become very violent with only slight provocation. The Veterans Administration has determined that both mental and physical harassment of my person may be hazardous to your health and well being. So stay away from my Donuts!!

BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 3/29/02 1:33:38 pm

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/29/02 1:46:23 pm)
    here's some 230 gr FMJ for $60/1000
    www.gibrass.com/projectiles.html

Donny Henry
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/30/02 8:27:16 pm)
    Black gun...National can get me 1000 230gr copperized to my door for 67.81....Which brings up a good question, why would I want to spend 20 bucks more on jacketed bullets when I'm shooting paper mostly anyway? While everyone needs some jacketed rounds loaded as well as XTPs and the like...I dont need 1000 of em'...I think you saved me some money, thanks.

Fredneck: thanks for your link as well....It wasn't real easy to read/navigate, but I'm gonna be checking it out some more later.