Koch Industries & other CEO's: Warning

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 45Auto, Oct 15, 2012.

1. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

2. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

More like stating the facts.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  3. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

It's unlawful for a Govt. agency to tell Govt. employees how to vote. But it's perfectly legal for Corporations. Welcome to the machine.
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I don't understand the "welcome to the machine" part there.

It's legal for the owner of a corporation to address political views because the owner is using his money to do it. If he wastes $50,000 in paper, toner, and staff time to get his newsletter put together and distributed, it's his money he wasted. And he ought to be able to spend his own money as he chooses.

If a government agency used $50,000 to do the same thing, it's our money they wasted. And they definitely don't deserve to spend my money to achieve political goals that are against my own.
  5. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

Well said.
  6. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

If I owned a corporation, and research showed obama being reelected was going to hurt my business, I would warn my employees of the consequences, then let them decide how they wanted to vote.
  7. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Very well said Josh. I agree.
  8. al45lc

al45lc New Member

Sorry, gotta throw the B.S. flag on this one.
    If my boss tried to tell me how to vote, I'd have his fanny in the ringer with a few phone calls.
    I left a Union because of this, the bastards. They knew in no uncertain terms to NOT mess with me after the threats that were made. It was VERY unfriendly, to put it mildly.
    And if some employee is too afraid of his /her boss and allows themselves to be bullied in such a way, they get no sympathy from me, we're supposed to be Americans, we stand on our on two feet.
    I cannot concern myself with the sheeple.
    What I see is a company saying, 'If this economy continues in this manner, we won't have jobs because we can't afford to do business here.'
    Well, who here isn't aware of THAT problem?
    And when did it get so bad, as in 'on who's watch?'
    We all know the unemployment rate is actually much higher than put out, so what's wrong with these guys warning their people about the hazards of Obama as they see it?
    Nothing, in my book. That's the American way, to watch out for one's best interest.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  9. 76Highboy

That is what I am getting from the news letter. I am not reading it as saying If you vote for Obamma you will be fired". I am reading if Obamma gets back in were all fired". That is how I am reading it. Maybe I am wrong. It seems to me they are making certain to put the info out that needs to be put out.
  10. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I don't have a problem with a company stating its political ideas. If it is a corporation the owners are the shareholders. Not the CEO or President. They may be partial owners but not full control.

If you own stock in this corporation they are spending your money. I can see this being a problem down the road. I don't want some company I hold shares in spending my money unless I approve.
  11. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

My boss did the same thing only different. He told us that he would not partake in Obama care and would pay the fine as long as he could. When that option ran out he would close up shop.

Is that a threat? Hell no. It is a fact, pure and simple. He will not continue to run his business if Obama is elected for another 4, cannot afford it.. I could not agree more with him.
  12. 76Highboy

10-4 Steve. I agree.
  13. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Koch Industries is privately owned. The two brothers are the sole shareholders.
  14. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If that is the case they can spend their money as they see fit. It's their money to spend.
  15. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

That is true, they own it and they can do as they please. I think the Koch brothers long for the good old days of the company store in the company town and no regulation for miles around. I can picture them listening wistfully to "Sixteen Tons" sung by Tennessee Ernie Ford.