1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

"Kommer" Selbstlade .25 Info?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by belercous, Dec 26, 2009.

1. belercous

belercous Former Guest

Greetings, it's me again. You guys do such a great job on providing information which would otherwise require years of research or a vast library that I just can't help but turn here first. Thank you for all your previous assistance in my prior queries.
    I have a Kommer .25 acp vest pocket pistol, no external serial number. It has above and to the rear of the trigger, stamped, D.R.P. ANG., and has a crown over "N" "proof" marks, I assume German. On the inside of the right frame, bottom grip, is a "B." No markings on the mag.
    Can anyone tell me what years these were made? Any other info would also be most appreciated. Thank you for you interest in this matter.
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

If it holds 8 rounds, it's a model 1, and if it only holds 6 it's a model 2. Also the model 1 has a smooth slide top, while the model 2 has rudimentary sights. That's all the info I can find - two pictures with some measurements.
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Made by Theodor Kommer of Zella-Mehlis, Thuringia. There is not much info on them, though they seem to be fairly common. They don't seem to have serial numbers, only assembly numbers. The Crown/N is the standard German Nitro proof mark of the period.

D.R.P. means Deutsches Reichs Patent (German Empire Patent). I don't know the meaning of "ANG".

Jim