1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Krieghoff Luger

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jay Christensen, Nov 22, 2009.

1. jay Christensen

jay Christensen New Member

I've inherited my Dad's Luger. It is stamped Heinrich Krieghoff Waffenfabrik Suhl on the side and 819 up near the barrel and P819 under the barrel. There is also a very small symbol that resembles a crown or a star with either a number 11 or N underneath it. On the top is an Anchor symbol with a capitol H and K on each side of the anchor and Krieghoff Suhl stamped underneath. I have an extra magazine and holster. My Dad was stationed at an airbase in Germany and a German General flew his plane in to surrender to the Americans on the second to last day of the war. He handed his Luger to my Dad and my Dad smuggled it home. Everything is in beautiful condition. How much might this gun be worth?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  2. red14

red14 Active Member

They need pictures.
  3. jay Christensen

I just added some photos. I've got more but there's a max of 4.
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Just add the other pictures when you do another post, if you have 4 posts you can have 4 pictures per post. Would love to see some additional pictures.

Does the receiver have a date (2 digit or 4 digit) or is it unmarked?

Are both magazines serial numbered same as the pistol (819)?

By the way - welcome to the forum.
  5. jay Christensen

There is no date.

Attached Files:

6. gdmoody

First, let me say that I am not an expert, I am just someone who happens to love the Luger and have a few books on them. Danny is what I consider the resident expert on Lugers and he should be along some time or another.

The information that I come up with with the limited knowledge and pictures of your Krieghoff is as follows:

This actually looks like a Post-war pistol. If so, these pistols were put together for commercial sales to the occupation forces in Germany after the war, These were made up from whatever parts that were left over during this period. What kind of gives it away is the "P" before the serial number and it being three digits. These are still pretty collectible and will range in value between $1000 for a 60% gun and $3500 for a 98% gun. With only seeing pictures of yours, I would venture a guess that yours is about a 95% which should be worth about $3000. This all hinges on the assumption that it hasn't been refinished some time in the past 60 years.

Danny, let us know what you think about it.
  7. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Jay, this is an exceptionally valuable Luger, and it should be presented to the experts on the Luger forum. These experts will tell you exactly what you have. Go to: http://www.lugerforum.com/ Then go to the message board and post your information on the Krieghoff forum.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  8. Road America

Road America Member

Jay, that's a really great Luger. If you know what airbase your Dad was at that day, it might be possible to find out who the German officer (was he really a General?) was. That would be really neat.
    I tried to look at that Luger forum, but it keeps saying there are no posts on it. Do you have to be a member to view them?
    Jim S.
  9. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Yes, you have to register on the Luger Forum. It's easy to do, and the forum is very full of information from many experts.
  10. Danny

Danny Member

:)If it helps any, your Luger is the Cadilac of them & bring big bucks. Even though I have some nice ones, I do not have a Krieghoff. Just off the wall pricing would put it 5 to 8 grand. Take care of it.
    Kind Regards
    Danny:)
  11. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Is that gun supposed to have plastic grips?
  12. Danny

Danny Member

YES BILL THEY ARE THE FINEST LUGER EVER MADE & HAVE PLASTIC GRIPS. THE ONLY OTHER LUGER THAT CAN MATCH THAT PRICE IS A ENGLISH VICKERS. THEN AGAIN MY 1906 NAVY IS 8 GRAND.
    REGARDS
    DANNY:)
  13. zb338

zb338 New Member

You are lucky to have such a fine gun. Hang on to it. If you decide to
    sell it. Whatever you get for it will probably not get you another should
    you decide you miss it and want another one.

Zeke
  14. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Who'dathunkit?
  15. gdmoody

I stand corrected, I knew Danny would definitely know more about it than I do.