L.C. Smith question

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by JDWay, Apr 14, 2011.

1. JDWay

JDWay New Member

My dad has a double 12 L.C. Smith. I dont know much about guns so bare with me if I miss call a part name. On the inside of the rec., it has patd june 1966 and Oct 1986. I thought L.C. Smiths were older than that. What do I have and what is the value? I appreciate any response.
  2. Jolly Bill

Jolly Bill Member

JD,

Welcome to the forum.

"I thought L.C. Smiths were older than that." You're right. L. C. Smith doubles are much older than "june 1966 and Oct 1986".

Don't know what you have so pictures would be in order to help you figure out what you have.

Jolly
  3. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Probably one of the new Italian Marlins unless you're misreading the dates. You can ask on the LC Smith forums. http://www.lcsmith.org/
  4. JDWay

JDWay New Member

Thanks to Hawg and Jolly Bill for the answers. Appreciate the welcome and the info.:)