L.C.Smith shotguns

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by lamehawk, Nov 14, 2006.

1. lamehawk

lamehawk New Member

I have 2 L.C.Smith shotguns (1)12ga. in ok condition and (1)possibly 16ga. in poor condition!Both are field grade!
    12ga.-barrel has small ding on side and stock has cracks at where it connects to recieverand persons initials scribed on it,and small screw missing,still has bluing on bbl and have been told it was in ok condition!
    other gun may be a 16ga. but bbls have been cut off and front bead is put back on it also has cracks in stock and initials scribed on it but is in poor condition because of bbls.
    What I would like to know is a fair value for these guns? I have been offered different prices from several people but want to be fair to them and myself.
    A local collector of L.C's told me he would give me $650 for both guns and another one told me that the guns are in so bad of condition he would give me only $300 for both.I took them to a local gunshow and people asked to buy just reciever and forearm of one of the guns and told me they would pay me $175!
    Please someone help me out(I am selling because of medical condition and need the money) I want to be fair but I do not want to be taken either,thank you Lamehawk!(I will send pic's and more info if needed!)
  2. lamehawk

lamehawk New Member

I do have some pic's of gun(12ga) stock on this gun is in good condition and fore arm in good also with couple dings in wood! will try to post pic's!
  3. Laxcoach

Laxcoach Member

Lamehawk, take the collector's offer. He is being more than generous, and probably needs to build up his parts inventory.
  4. lamehawk

lamehawk New Member

Thank you!Lamehawk