LA & TX ROLL CALL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, Sep 24, 2005.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Folks please report in as your are able to you are our friends and we need to know how you made out after the storm passed.
    Ron & Carla
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2005
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Overcast and windy here in NC Texas. Wind is kicking up, but no rain yet. However, according to reports, ole LTS and squirrel camp gonna get 8 - 12" of rain.

Yo, LTS, got yer swim fins and wet suit ready? Got a float fer ole Beau? :D :D :D :D
  3. 358 winchester

well that is one that is ok wish we could hear from the coast folks
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Well, the eye just passed them and now they are on the back side of the storm. Lots of property damage and several fires. Police are rounding up the looters! They started yesterday with a Target store. Police nabbed em though!
  5. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

At first the storm was heading straight for us, then the next day it started turing east. we miss the bullet here. Just a little bit of wind here in VIctoria TX.There were a lot of people here praying against the Hurricane.
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Thanks for the post, Ron. I've been worried about our members down there. May be a few days before we hear from the South LA folks; they got hit pretty bad. :(
  7. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Well, I`s here. Beau`s got his rubber dingy....but he`s still trying to blow it up and I ain`t helping him either!!!

First part of Rita moved in about 9:00am. Overcast, then the darker band moved in. Winds 20mph-Gust to 35mph. Rain is steady but light, another dark band is moving in from the east........which means heavier rain, I suppose. Could get worse, as the wind is coming from the NE and we were expecting it to be SE.

The way the storm is tracking, the center will come right over us and hunting camp area. Prediction, unless it turns just south of Texarkana
    30" of rain.

The good thing, tornados may be to the east of us, but again, that depends on how she tracks.

We are getting strange looking clouds and they are moving fast. Things are changing rapidly as I type this.

I have everything I need and we`re always prepared, since we`re out in the country.

Yee-Haa!!

LTS

Live Weather Cast from COOKVILLE TEXAS
    Back to you Bob!!
  8. 358 winchester

Happy to hear from some of you and glad you made it through OK
    our prayers are with you.
  9. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Storm farted out, bet we didn`t get 2" of rain......though it is still raining.
    Zip-zap-nada.

LTS
  10. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Wind here is blowing like heck. Lost part of a large maple tree out front! Everything blowing around the back yar except the boat which is chained to my peach tree! No rain yet through! ;)
  11. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

Just about 170 miles, as the bullet flies, from Galveston and a normal day but un seasonaly hot.
  12. BobbyWins

BobbyWins New Member

Everythings fine here,but HOT!!

Saturday was 30-40 mph winds and about 100 deg.Felt like standin' in front of a giant blow drier. :(

Not a drop of rain. :( :(

Sunday it got up to 109 deg. and still as it could be for the most part.

Started mowin' grass and after a few rounds gave it up.Mower was overheatin' (watercooled Kubota) and it was so dusty I could hardly breath.

Gonna be over 100 again today and tomorrow,but then it's supposed to cool off a little.

BW
  13. djohns6

djohns6 New Member

Baton Rouge came through OK . Rain , wind and scattered power outtages .
    Headed down to St. Bernard Parish and Michoud tomorrow . We're still trying to repair our system from Katrina .