Lack of Ammo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carver, Apr 19, 2009.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I was at a Wall Mart store the first part of the week, and didn't have any money at the time. I was talking to the employee in the sporting goods section, and notice that there were some boxes of 00 buck shot on the shelf. They were 15 round boxes of Winchester, 2 3/4" shells, for about $9 per box (really good deal). I could only afford two boxes at that time. The employee told me that they about 150 boxes on hand. I went back yesterday to get some of this ammo for myself. Employee says that they no longer have any! So I ask when they expect to get some more in, and he looks at this guy standing at the end of the counter, and then says, might be a while. I inform him that if were to scan the barcode, it would tell him when the next shipment was coming in. Again, he looks at the guy standing at the end of the counter. So I ask this guy who he is, and he tells me that he is just a customer, like me. Now I might not be the brightest bulb in the pack, but I know when something is going on! With a few more questions, I get this story. His wife is the store manager. She orders the ammo that he wants. The 150 boxes of 00 buck that was on the shelf the first part of the week was all purchased by this guy. $1500 worth. OK, why can't I get some of the next shipment? Because he is going to buy it all as soon as it hits the docks! I gave him one of my cards, and asked him to call me and let me know when he is through buying 00 buck, so I can get some too! After a little more talk I discover that this guy isn't buying this ammo, pistol, rifle, shotgun, for himself. Nope, he's hoping the price goes way up and he can sell it then and make a killing! Should I report this, or just keep my mouth shut?
  2. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

Call corporate. Does wonders sometimes if you have a good complaint. Sometimes they'll give you stuff.
  3. +1 and a half! ;)
  4. artabr

artabr New Member

I'll take that other half and add a +1.

Art
  5. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I'd have called corporate, but AFTER I gave that guy a real nice ear full along with his wife the store manager:p
  6. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Report away! Another reason to boycott Wally World...:mad:
  7. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

That HAS to be illegal, somehow. Fraud, comes to mind.
  8. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

if i had to invest in something that i thought would go up in value it would not be shotgun shells. i think it's funny this guy bought 1500.00 of shotgun shells. Why? Because the ammo companies are going into producing hunting ammo. Shotgun shells should be avaliable in good supply by mid July. I can't see the price doubling.

This guy is probably going to put his shells on auction next week for double the price. He is probably profiting from impatient people.

What about acamedy sports? I went into one a couple of weeks ago just to burn up time and they had pleanty of shells.
  9. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

It is probably all the can get right now :mad:.
  10. XShooter

XShooter New Member

I caught a local gunshop buying ammo from Wal-Mart and then marking it up ALOT and selling it on their own shelves. It really ticked me off also because they are depriving people of buying it from Wal-Mart when they buy up all the stock like that. This was .45 ACP.
  11. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

12. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I would not use that gunshop again unless I had absolutely no choice. I would also make sure every shooter I knew in the area was aware of what they were doing.
  13. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

carver...I think an anonymous tip to corporate would be in order....first asking what their policy is...then telling them about a store you KNOW is breaking it.

If this is a local store you have to shop at...since you gave them your card, I'd be slow to give my name to corporate.
  14. XShooter

XShooter New Member

I agree. I will never even walk inside that place again.
    Once, I wanted to buy a Colt Python from them but they wouldn't take a Mastercard. I asked them to hold the gun for 30 minutes while I went home to get my check book. They refused. They said that they are selling guns so fast right now, so "why should they hold it for me." I could not believe they actually told a customer that! One of these days, business won't be so good - and people will remember these events!

If you are ever in Florissant, Colorado...............
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  15. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Yep, I'd report it. There's a guy coming into one of our local WalMarts and buying everything on the shelf that he feels could be resold for a profit. The employees know the guy and he's done it several times. I doubt that he has any ties to the store manager though.