The Firearms Forum banner

Lady Colt Govt 380

8K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  AR1911 
#1 ·
I have been reading this forum for the last couple of years and think it is great. :)
This is my first post.
I acquired a pistol today that I can not find out much about. It is a Lady Colt Govt. 380. I can only find info on this model where it is described as having silver leaf. The one I have has gold leaf. It is new in the box. Serial #o1xx. Doesn't look to have ever been fired.
I was looking for a carry gun. I don't collect - all my guns are shooters. So, before I remove the gingerbread from the slide I thought I would check with you guys and see how collectable this pistol is. I know it is not the hope diamond but I would hate to ruin the collector value if it is truly rare.
Thanks for any help.
Smitty 308

#3 ·
Glad to see you at TFF.

How about posting a picture of that baby.

Attachments

#5 ·
Is it anything on the order of the Mustang - - Though custom?

#6 ·
Welcome to TFF Smitty 308.
I can't help you with the Colt, but I think you are doing the right thing, with some research first. Sounds like it might be a collector to me.

Now that you have taken the plunge with your first post, hope it is not your last.

#10 · (Edited)
I know I'm replying to an old thread but I just found the posting and felt compelled to share. I also own a "Lady Colt" and was curious to it's value. Found one on Guns America listed for $1400 and called the seller and it had already been sold. I don't know what you paid for yours but sure can find a much cheaper shooter. Good Luck and hope this note isn't too late.

#11 ·
I used to carry a Mustang as a back up gun, and the Colt is a fantastic gun. I have to cast my vote, if I have one (LOL) on putting the Lady Colt in a gun safe and let it grow in value. NIB, low serial number, sounds like you have a serious collectible. Put it back and pick up a Springfield Armory XD-9 or XD-40 in the subcompact for a carry gun.

#12 ·
I know I'm replying to an old thread but I just found the posting and felt compelled to share. I also own a "Lady Colt" and was curious to it's value. Found one on Guns America listed for $1400 and called the seller and it had already been sold. I don't know what you paid for yours but sure can find a much cheaper shooter. Good Luck and hope this note isn't too late.
Keep in mind GA posted prices are "asking price".
Someone could well have offered less and the offer been accepted.
What the final price was only buyer and seller know.

I tend to look at ********* completed auctions with 3 or more actual bids.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.