Lady Colt MK lV Series 80 Government .380

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by dnilson, Oct 1, 2012.

1. dnilson

dnilson New Member

Hello!

Newbie here. I have looked high and low and can't seem to find any useful information. The only thing I've been able to find out is that it was small series of only about 1000 pieces. It's essentially like a MK lV Series 80, Gov .380, except that it has "gold" acanthus leaves along both sides of the slide and a few other decorative touches. Normally, I would think a run that small would be really collectible, but since it's a woman's gun, I don't know. Does anyone know anything about this model and whether or not it's worth collecting? I've heard the regular Gov .380's are starting to become much more colliectible. Is this true? Thanks in advance!

On a completely different note, I just bought a new Colt Gold Cup Trophy and am thinking about pimping it out...tastefully. I've found a company run by a previous Colt employee, who does amazing work, www.nutmegsports.com I'm thinking about adding real ivory grips and just a little decorative etching on the slide. I know it's not a collectible series, but will making those types of changes, add to the value of the gun, or devalue it? In general, will tasteful, well executed decorative work add to or devalue a gun? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012