Lady Smith revolver

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by RunningOnMT, Jun 16, 2012.

1. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

In keeping with my established tradition of asking at least one silly question a week....

I've been looking at buying a S&W revolver as an occasional carry piece. I found a nice looking stainless .357-6 rd w/3" barrel and wood grips that seems perfect for my purpose but...it's a Lady Smith. Now I would assume by this name it is meant to be marketed specifically to women.

It makes me wonder if a guy carrying one would look unmanly.:D (Seriously the thought crossed my mind). Just curious how many if any of you revolver guys carry a Lady Smith.
  2. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

I shoot MamaOzo's PINK guns at the range all the time.......
    Don't bother me none.......:D
    She ain't even sweet on the pink ones........:eek:
    But, me axe you 'dis.........
    you like shootin' a J-frame in .357 ??????
    I'm a big .357 guy, but them hurt [if you go shoot 100+ rounds......]
    K-frame, Blackhawk, Contender, etc. or equivalent no probs....
  3. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I'd only shoot +p. The only reason I'm looking for .357 is to assure it can handle .38 +p ammo. I guess my low testosterone level makes me self conscious about carrying a girly gun.:D:eek:
  4. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

If I save my arse with a girly gun>>>>>>>>
    Lady Smith's are nice.....
    Still, +P's in them are not even fun......
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    It wouldn't make me any difference, if you was shooting at me, I'ld be ducking, and running, if I could! Go ahead and practice with the .38's, but stoke it with the .357's. There is about 200+fps difference between the .357, and the .38 from a 3" barrel.
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Who cares what it says on the side. I would gladly carry it.
  7. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

My "all the time" carry gun is a 642. Was at the shop one time and a guy was looking to sell back a 642 LadySmith he'd bought for his wife. She didn't like it. It had 5 rounds though it. Owner of the store offered him a hundred bucks. He got in a huff and left. I followed him outside and asked what he wanted. He said he needed at least two. I handed him two 100-dollar bills. Bought if for my daughter, but if she had not wanted it I would have had no problem carrying it. Who cares what's etched on the frame? I used to carry a pink Playmate Jr. to work, as a lunch box. I'm secure in my masculinity.

Kinda sorry she liked it, as it had a better action than the one I carry.
  8. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  9. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I carry my wife's lady smith all the time. I like it. For one I conceal so nobody knows, not that I really care though of course. Two, if I ever have to use it I don't think that the last thought going through the guys mind will be something like, "What a girly man, he carries a lady smith", in stead I think it will be oh (you fill in the rest), and three, if I ever shoot someone with a lady smith hopefully the jury will look at me as a gentle kind of fella.

I say pack it. They are awesome and they shoot great.
  10. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Thanks all. :D As it is I believe I made a mistake on the model I want due to a dealers incorrect image. But I found another model I like better anyway. A mod. 686 plus(7 shot).

Geeesh. All that worrying about my macho image for nothing.:D:D:eek:
  11. Charles Christensen

Charles Christensen New Member

A .357 with a 3" barrel?? That's a girl gun??
  12. Donnie D

Donnie D New Member

Just put one on layaway at my local GS for my wife. One if the best feeling guns I've ever held. Hope she likes it.

Donnie D:D
  13. vytoland

vytoland New Member

its a S&W...its got a three inch barrel...its a .357 magnum...........whats not to like..........buy it and enjoy
  14. oldfartrr

oldfartrr Active Member

i carry an S&W 60-10 same gun but 5 shot,, love it,, shoots great and easy to carry. and it dont leave brass all over the place. Since when is a 357 a girlie gun ???
    my fav other carry is a Star-Firestar in 40,, a bit heavy for size but very accurate,, cept for having to chase the brass ;( (dont like to leave evidence behind) ;)