Lakota Sioux...

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by nmckenzie, Sep 29, 2012.

1. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Just caught a news blip on Drudge saying the Lakota Sioux Nation is seceding from the United States. Hmmm...Alaska and Texas have been making noises along similar lines for a while now. This could get interesting.
  2. Skipper

Skipper Member

Lakota Bank

https://www.freelakotabank.com/index.asp

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  3. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

but how do they know who their customers are? kind of hard for the teller to greet you by name if they don't know what it is!
  4. nmckenzie

The old Swiss model; numbers.
  5. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave New Member

That's Russell Means and his bunch. Same crew that's been out on the fringe for decades. When the actual head of the Lakota Souix actually starts talking, then I'll pay attention
  6. nmckenzie

Self-appointed activist noisemakers, I take it?
  7. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Hey Sitka, Remember when ole Gary Harrison from Chickaloon was going to the world court; really got the attention of the politicians. They don't even like people who speak on up, movers and shakers; but they'll appease them every time. I know Gary Harrison from when we lived in the MatSu, stayed at my place when he came up to visit the Indians at our local village. He was visiting all the Yukon River Villages concerning traditional knowledge on the environment, actually a front for international enviro group; but was a good thing in the end. The smart Indian Leaders work the system for their own villages benefit and they get the benefits & improvements we all take for granted.

Those Indians down South Dakota are doing the same and they will reap the rewards. Squeaking wheel gets the grease.
  8. nmckenzie

Zhurh: Thank you for reminding me.
  9. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I thought the Lakota Sioux already were a separate nation...
  10. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave New Member

The Lakota Sioux are technically a separate nation, but are still part of the US through treaties, etc. For example, they are legal voters, the FBI has jurisdiction on the various Indian territories, federal banking laws apply, as do environmental laws.